Creating a Timer Log Report for Back Office Consumption

Hi,

I am trying to recreate the Timers log in ServiceCenter for non-admin users to access. Besides that, I will be creating a report using those log data. Just a simple report counting the successful/failed executed timers, for now.

I am using the ff. System entities; Log_Cyclic_Job, Log_Error, Meta_Cyclic_Job, and Espace but the records--number of records--that I am getting as compared to the Timers log do not tally. When I check the number of error logged per scheduled Timers in ServiceCenter, I either get fewer or more records in my query.

I am using the right entities or lacking any entities?

Regards,

Ean

Hi EAN,

Log_Error entity contains "Log of application and environment errors."  How are you validating the records and did you try to validate for one record.

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal

Rajat Agrawal wrote:

Hi EAN,

Log_Error entity contains "Log of application and environment errors."  How are you validating the records and did you try to validate for one record.

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal

Hello,

I validate by comparing the number of records I get when I export the Timers log from ServiceCenter and the number of records I get when I query in ServiceStudio. I only need the daily data which is not many (20 log records, max) so this process is not really a burden.

Thank you for pointing out that the log contains application and environment errors. I was able to discover the cause of the mismatch in record count.

I am still in need of help on how to identify which Timers failed in execution though. Can anyone help? I reckon that checking if the Timer has an error log is not really a reliable way of knowing if the execution was a success or a failure.

Regards,

Ean