Hi there,

I have created and published an Android app which makes a call to my server using REST. App runs on my mobile, the server runs on a laptop and both connected to a WiFi router. So the server is not accessible via internet but only via WiFi.

Using WiFi, I can access the server with other devices (my tablet and even my phone) when I enter the URL but when using the same URL via the App, I get the message that "Connection timed out" .

This is very strange as the connection is direct to a visible server on a network and as the app is running on my phone, it shouldn't be going through the Outsystems servers.

Does anybody knows what is going on?

Thanks

Mo,

Hi,

You just need to increase the Server Request Timeout & try again.

Solution 1: Set default Timeout 

- Click on Module & under Defaults properties set the Server request Timeout Property

Solution 2: You can also set for each API

- Got Integration -> REST -> Your REST API Method

- Set Timeout in Seconds Property

Also try to access service center -> Monitoring -> Integration and find the invocation for that consumed REST API. You should see there the invocation duration and status?

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Extensibility_and_Integration/REST/Troubleshoot_a_REST_API

Cheers

Assif

assif_tiger wrote:

Hi,

You just need to increase the Server Request Timeout & try again.

Solution 1: Set default Timeout 

- Click on Module & under Defaults properties set the Server request Timeout Property

Solution 2: You can also set for each API

- Got Integration -> REST -> Your REST API Method

- Set Timeout in Seconds Property

Also try to access service center -> Monitoring -> Integration and find the invocation for that consumed REST API. You should see there the invocation duration and status?

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Extensibility_and_Integration/REST/Troubleshoot_a_REST_API

Cheers

Assif

Hi Assif,

I have tried the above and still got the same errors. I even tried it with turning the windows firewall on and off and didn't get any change. I have tried it with both WiFi and Mobiel data turned on, as well as turning only one of the on at the time. Still no luck. 

Mo,