[ConvertDocxToPDF] error when compile

Forge Component
(0)
Published on 2018-09-13 by Phong Duy Le
0 votes
Published on 2018-09-13 by Phong Duy Le

Hi

I encountered an error when compile the extension, please help. Below is the error:


NET Compilation.

\Downloads\ConvertDocxToPDF-1.0.5_O10\Source\NET\ConvertDocxToPDF.sln.metaproj : error MSB3202:\ConvertDocxToPDF-1.0.5_O10\Source\NET\..\..\..\DocX-master\DocX\DocX.csproj" was not found. [\ConvertDocxToPDF-1.0.5_O10\Source\NET\ConvertDocxToPDF.sln]
\ConvertDocxToPDF-1.0.5_O10\Source\NET\ConvertDocxToPDF.sln.metaproj : error MSB3202: The project file "\ConvertDocxToPDF-1.0.5_O10\Source\NET\..\..\..\DocX_Revised\Xceed.Words.NET.csproj" was not found. [\ConvertDocxToPDF-1.0.5_O10\Source\NET\ConvertDocxToPDF.sln]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1879,5): warning : The referenced project '..\..\..\DocX-master\DocX\DocX.csproj' does not exist.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1879,5): warning : The referenced project '..\..\..\DocX_Revised\Xceed.Words.NET.csproj' does not exist.
ConvertDocxToPDF.cs(67,20): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Xceed' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
ConvertDocxToPDF.cs(67,52): error CS0103: The name 'Xceed' does not exist in the current context
ConvertDocxToPDF.cs(80,25): error CS0019: Operator '==' cannot be applied to operands of type 'method group' and 'int'
ConvertDocxToPDF.cs(148,20): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Novacode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
ConvertDocxToPDF.cs(148,45): error CS0103: The name 'Novacode' does not exist in the current context
ConvertDocxToPDF.cs(153,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Novacode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
ConvertDocxToPDF.cs(154,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Novacode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
ConvertDocxToPDF.cs(169,26): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Novacode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
ConvertDocxToPDF.cs(172,25): error CS0019: Operator '==' cannot be applied to operands of type 'method group' and 'int'
ConvertDocxToPDF.cs(203,26): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Novacode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
ConvertDocxToPDF.cs(206,25): error CS0019: Operator '==' cannot be applied to operands of type 'method group' and 'int'
ConvertDocxToPDF.cs(781,44): warning CS0219: The variable 'bmPhoto' is assigned but its value is never used

Hello 

I tried to open the extension in VS 2017, It appears the projects DocX and Xceed.Words.Net are missing in the solution. 

I removed them from the project references and added the references to DocX and Xceed.Words.Net dlls from the bin folder. 

Also removed the app.config file as it was also missing. 

I am then able to compile the extension. 

Hope it helps. 

If this solves your problem, do accept my solution. 

Amal Raj wrote:

Hello 

I tried to open the extension in VS 2017, It appears the projects DocX and Xceed.Words.Net are missing in the solution. 

I removed them from the project references and added the references to DocX and Xceed.Words.Net dlls from the bin folder. 

Also removed the app.config file as it was also missing. 

I am then able to compile the extension. 

Hope it helps. 

If this solves your problem, do accept my solution. 

Hi Amal

thanks for your reply. Can you show me step by step how to do it? I'm not familiar with .NET

It should be done in Integration Studio or VS? 

Solution

The compilation typically is done from Integration Studio, but the steps to fix the project is done in VS. 

Step 1: Open the xif in Integration studio 

Step 2: Go to Resources Tab. Right click on NET folder and select Open menu action. It will open a folder where you have to open the ConvertDocxToPDF.sln   in Visual Studio. 

Step 3: In the Solution Explorer  

           a) Remove the two missing projects. DocX and  Xceed.Words.NET

            b) Also remove from the References node under the project the references to DocX and  Xceed.Words.NET

Step 4: Right click on the References node and add reference menu action to browse and add the DocX and Xceed.Words.Net dlls which are present in the Bin folder where the sln file exists. 

Step 5: Delete the app.config file that is present in the project node as it is missing. 

Step 6: Now you can save the project and compile this from Integration Studio. 


Hope it helps. 


Solution

Amal Raj wrote:

The compilation typically is done from Integration Studio, but the steps to fix the project is done in VS. 

Step 1: Open the xif in Integration studio 

Step 2: Go to Resources Tab. Right click on NET folder and select Open menu action. It will open a folder where you have to open the ConvertDocxToPDF.sln   in Visual Studio. 

Step 3: In the Solution Explorer  

           a) Remove the two missing projects. DocX and  Xceed.Words.NET

            b) Also remove from the References node under the project the references to DocX and  Xceed.Words.NET

Step 4: Right click on the References node and add reference menu action to browse and add the DocX and Xceed.Words.Net dlls which are present in the Bin folder where the sln file exists. 

Step 5: Delete the app.config file that is present in the project node as it is missing. 

Step 6: Now you can save the project and compile this from Integration Studio. 


Hope it helps. 


Hi Amal

Thanks for the steps. I manage to compile it but now having another error:

An error occurred while saving the Extension: 'Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.'.

Do you have any idea?


Thanks.

Regards

Xiao Hui


XiaoHui wrote:

Amal Raj wrote:

The compilation typically is done from Integration Studio, but the steps to fix the project is done in VS. 

Step 1: Open the xif in Integration studio 

Step 2: Go to Resources Tab. Right click on NET folder and select Open menu action. It will open a folder where you have to open the ConvertDocxToPDF.sln   in Visual Studio. 

Step 3: In the Solution Explorer  

           a) Remove the two missing projects. DocX and  Xceed.Words.NET

            b) Also remove from the References node under the project the references to DocX and  Xceed.Words.NET

Step 4: Right click on the References node and add reference menu action to browse and add the DocX and Xceed.Words.Net dlls which are present in the Bin folder where the sln file exists. 

Step 5: Delete the app.config file that is present in the project node as it is missing. 

Step 6: Now you can save the project and compile this from Integration Studio. 


Hope it helps. 


Hi Amal

Thanks for the steps. I manage to compile it but now having another error:

An error occurred while saving the Extension: 'Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.'.

Do you have any idea?


Thanks.

Regards

Xiao Hui


Hi

Can you mark my solution as excepted, if it has helped you fix the compile error. 


I will take a look at the Exception, if you can provide a bit more details on how to reproduce this exception. 


Amal Raj wrote:



Hi

Can you mark my solution as excepted, if it has helped you fix the compile error. 


I will take a look at the Exception, if you can provide a bit more details on how to reproduce this exception. 


after verify, i publish it, then i got the exception error. not much details can provide to you... 

are you able to publish this extension?


Hi 

I am able to publish the extension without any issue to my environment. 

Amal Raj wrote:

Hi 

I am able to publish the extension without any issue to my environment. 

Do you mind to download your extension and send it as file to me here? thanks.


Have sent you a link to download the extension.

Hi,

please, have you fix the issue? I have the same problem when I try to compile.


Best,

G.

Gianpiero Frongia wrote:

Hi,

please, have you fix the issue? I have the same problem when I try to compile.


Best,

G.

hi,

you can follow the steps in this post (above, marked as solution) (https://www.outsystems.com/forums/forum_topicview.aspx?topicid=43822&topicname=convertdocxtopdf-error-when-compile&utm_source=community&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=forum-reply=#Post158379