617
Views
9
Comments
Solved
Can not connect to Forge from Service Studio via proxy with authentication
Question

Hello,

I'm using Personal Environment.

After upgrading to Service Studio Release 9 (11.0.204.0) and later, I can not connect to Forge from Service Studio (outsystems tab) via network proxy server which requires authentication.

My proxy setting is correct since I can connect to my environment from Service Studio and can perform 1-click publish.

In previous versions, after opening Service Center in Service Studio by clicking Environment/Module Management button in the toolbar, I could connect to Forge in the outsystems tab. We know that Release 9 and later open Service Studio by the system default browser. Then the trick(?) lost this effectiveness.

Are there any workarounds for the problem?

Best regards,
Moriya Takasi

2018-03-29 06-28-54
Takasi Moriya
 
MVP
Solution

I use Fiddler when I need to connect Forge tab or Native App Builder tab in Service Studio.
https://www.telerik.com/fiddler

Fiddler provides local proxy and can be set information about upstream proxy authentication.
Using Fiddler makes Service Studio free from proxy authentication.

2020-09-15 13-07-23
Kilian Hekhuis
 
MVP

Hi Takasi,

Sorry for the late reply. Is this still occuring? I'll try to have OutSystems look into it.

2018-03-29 06-28-54
Takasi Moriya
 
MVP

Hello Kilian and João,

Thank you for responding.
I have still this problem with Release 10 (11.0.207.0).

2014-02-07 17-02-43
Vasco Pessanha

Hey Takasi,

Thanks for reporting the problem! Before you also had the problem with Forge and used Service Center as a workaround to login and then go to forge?

Cheers,

2018-03-29 06-28-54
Takasi Moriya
 
MVP

Hello Vasco,

Thank you for comment.

Before you also had the problem with Forge and used Service Center as a workaround to login and then go to forge?

Exactly.
Every time I wanted to connect forge in Service Studio, to open Service Center tab always required.

2016-11-20 11-27-52
João Neves

Hi Takasi,

Can you check if you still have problems with the most recent version - 11.0.207?

2018-03-29 06-28-54
Takasi Moriya
 
MVP

Today, I noticed that Service Studio 11.0.207.0 occasionally can connect to Forge in outsystems tab.
But I can not find the reproduction procedure.

2022-09-13 13-22-59
Juliano Custódio Parreira

Hello,

I'm facing a similar proxy related problem, but in my case the Forge tab at Service Studio (version 11.6.13, build 6720) only shows a loader.

I found that occurred the error "(407) Proxy Authentication Required" looking at "general.txt" log file at Service Studio's folder.

But Service Studio was already configured with proxy credentials and I can open Forge URL from IE and Chrome.

Any Idea about how to resolve this?

I wanted to use Forge at Service Studio to check if there are any component in my environment with a new version on Forge.


Thanks!


ps1: Service Studio configuration:

ps2: Error at "general.txt" log file:

Exceptions: [02:41:58.712] System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.

   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

   at OutSystems.Communication.RESTServices.RESTServiceBase.com#idjyypkb(String x, Uri y, TimeSpan z, String aa, String ab, String ac, IEnumerable`1 ad)

   at OutSystems.Communication.RESTServices.RESTServiceBase.Get(Uri url, TimeSpan timeout, String username, String encryptedPassword, IEnumerable`1 additionalHeaders)

   at prs#ycnlnthh.prs#luyldybb()


2018-03-29 06-28-54
Takasi Moriya
 
MVP
Solution

I use Fiddler when I need to connect Forge tab or Native App Builder tab in Service Studio.
https://www.telerik.com/fiddler

Fiddler provides local proxy and can be set information about upstream proxy authentication.
Using Fiddler makes Service Studio free from proxy authentication.

2022-09-13 13-22-59
Juliano Custódio Parreira

Hi Takasi Moriya,

It worked for me!

I installed Fiddler and enabled "Rules > Automatically Authenticate".

Thanks!

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.