[Image Resizer Plugin] The received resized Image is 0 bytes through using Android devices

Forge Component
(1)
Published on 2018-10-16 by Henrique Batista
1 vote
Published on 2018-10-16 by Henrique Batista

Hello,

I really appreciate this component and you who produced it.
I have a problem on our Mobile App, so could you confirm this component at using Android devices, please?

On our Mobile App, I want to resize the uploaded image file on device side, and save the resized image to database.
When using iOS device, this implementation have no problem, however Android device have some problems.

1. When I generated our Mobile App for Android devices, I got a cordova compilation error.
Like as the follows:
Error: Error compiling Cordova plugin: info/protonet/imageresizer/ImageResizer.java:16: error: package org.apache.cordova.camera does not exist.

2. I found the following discussion:
https://github.com/JoschkaSchulz/cordova-plugin-image-resizer/issues/33

3. I tried to solve a issue of the cordove reference.
As result I succeeded to generate our Mobile App by modifying the extensibility configurations of ImageResizerPlugin.

-----------------------------------------

{
    "resource" : "cordova-plugin-image-resizer-master.zip",
    "plugin": [{
        "resource": "cordova-plugin-image-resizer-master"
    },
    {
        "url": "https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-camera.git"
    }]
}

-----------------------------------------

4. I tried to upload and confirmed the resized image as expected, however the resized image size is 0 bytes.
The reason of this issue is that the Android device is getting false value of CheckImageResizerPlugin.IsAvailable.
So I suppose the ImageResizePlugin is not called correctly.

I feel strange that why the No.1 issue occurred.
If you know the reason, could you tell me please?
Or is there any idea as the cause?

As your refer, the condition of our implementation is the following:
 - The version of ImageResizerPlugin component is version 2.0.0
 - The version of OutSystems Platform is 10.0.904.0
 - The Android OS version is 4.4, 5.1 and 8.
 - The iOS version is 11.3.

Best regards,
Hisako Ito

Initially version 1.0 was validated at least with Android 7.0,  iOS10 and 11 with Outsystems 10.

I am sorry, but I don't know about v2.0 test status.

Hi Esa-san,

Thank you for your quick reply.
I see, so I would like to try to confirm the behavior when using the version 2.0 of this component.
However since I suppose the modification point is only IF logic swapping between v1.0 and v2.0, I am thinking whether is there possibility that the standard cordova plugin of OutSystems or the cordova imageresizer plugin have some causes.
In any case, if I would got any new information, I will ask you again.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Hisako