Hi, this is our first post on this forum, so please be gentle :)

We are pretty new to Outsystems and we are still finding our way around. I have a question about how best to implement an XML conversion into a new structure.

In previous projects we have used Altova Mapforce to map XML structures  against each other. The result of this mapping is an XSLT file. I was wandering if we can do something similar in Outsystems and if so how would be best to implement.

The senario is;

- we receive an XML file from a customer

- we need to transform this structure into another format

- send the new format onto another department.

Thanks a lot in advance for the support

Hi.

I'd recommend that you use your name. To establish relationships, it is best to have one account per person than a shared account.

About XML there is a full library in OS to read/write/transform. Go to Manage Dependencies and choose on the left XML.

On the right side you will see all the available options. One of them is XslTransorm that allows you to apply some XSLT to XML and return a new XML.

I've never used it like that, but I know of a person who integrated EDI files in OutSystems so it probably does everything you'll ever need.

Hi Nuno,

Thanks for the quick response, very helpful.

I have been also to locate the resources you highlighted and brought them into my application. However, with my/our limited Outsystems knowledge at this moment we are struggling to know "how" to use the functionality.

Do you know of any tutorials which could help us on our way?

Thanks

Lee

Unfortunately that part of the documentation is not very complete. It is basically trial and error.

There is one article on XPath

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/Development_FAQs/How_to_parse_XML_files_with_XPath_expressions

And this useful info about working with XML and RecordLists

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/17374/xml-records-xml-to-recordlist/

Everything else I found back then were examples in forge components. I don't remember which ones and no longer have access to that client.

I may write an article about it if I get a project that will need it, but I'm avoiding XSLT for as long as I can now.