[FastAutoComplete] How to use FastAutoComplete forge component.

Forge Component
(5)
Published on 2015-06-29 by João Melo
5 votes
Published on 2015-06-29 by João Melo

can u please help how to use this component.

if any example OML please do share. 

Download the component (osp file) 

Double click to Install

Give server name  and credentials ( It Gets Installed in Server as a separate app )

Add it as dependency (It has this as a web block)

Drag and drop web block, Pass data and use it

Hi @Shanthi, there is a webscreen called TestPage within the module you download here from Forge. Let me know if you have any question.

@Coder, even though it is quite simple to use this module, there is a couple more steps to get it synching with server data and running well on client side.

Hi @João Melo, @coder kamath.

Thanks for the above solution

Now i installed and able used this component, i have some issues can u please suggest.

1. I have input field with fast autocomplete component binded to local variable(text) when i type some value in the input fields, select some value in the populated list then it will sit into the input field and when i click on save button the value in the field is resetting to null.

(on click of save i am able to assign the value from input field to the local variable and also the input field widget is still holding the value(we saw with the debugger), after ajax refresh the value will not be there in the input field)

2. I am unable to limit the autocomplete values to top 20.

please suggest any solution for this 

Thanks

Hi Shanthi, can you share your espace so I can try to see what is missing?

Regarding your second question, this feature is not implemented yet. I can add it soon and publish a new version. But first, I need to ask. Why would you need to limit the results? It`s already very light weight, as it`s javascript, and even if you have hundreds of items in your list it`s not gonna slow down your screen.

João Melo wrote:

Regarding your second question, this feature is not implemented yet. I can add it soon and publish a new version. But first, I need to ask. Why would you need to limit the results? It`s already very light weight, as it`s javascript, and even if you have hundreds of items in your list it`s not gonna slow down your screen.

Hi João Melo,

I have attached the demo OML please help me.

Hi Shanthi, in order for FastAutocomplete to work, it needs to be bound to an structure with at least 2 fields, one for the Id and the other for the name. The will the Id field fill with the identifier related to the name selected in the search field.

Besides, the properties ValueInputId and DefaultId need to be set in your example, and they weren't.

The ValueInputId holds the identifier assigned to the value selected in the search field.

And the DefaultId holds the DOM identifier for the field the will be filled everytime it is rendered again. In your case, as you're refreshing the ListRecords through an Ajax Refresh, the component will fill the value input field with ones coming from the list that is in the record list variable in the memory.

Please take a look at the oml attached now, and you'll see that it works fine now.

Hi João Melo,

Thanks for your reply.

Now i am able to hold the values in the input fields only which are available in the populated list.

when i type the values other than the values which are not available in the populated list then these values are resetting to null on ajax refresh, Is there any way to retain these values also which are not available in the populated list.

Thanks 

Hi Shanthi, the component is not ready for this feature. It is now designed to have an ID for each element in the list. I`ll add it in the wish list, but I cannot estimate when there is gonna be a new version.

João Melo wrote:

According to the design and requirements, the auto complete dropdown values should be restricted to 20.

Solution

Hi Shanthi. I'll be publishing a new version of this component tomorrow with the new LookupLimit parameter. Please, keep an eye on it.

Solution

João Melo wrote:

Hi Shanthi. I'll be publishing a new version of this component tomorrow with the new LookupLimit parameter. Please, keep an eye on it.

Thanks João Melo, appreciate your help on this...!!!

Will you be helping on the below feature too in new version.

FastAutocomplete is not holding the new values which we are entering/keying once we do ajax refresh.

Cheers...!!!

Hi Shanthi, I`m not sure I got your question. Can you elaborate a bit?

shanthi kallareddy wrote:

Hi João Melo,

Thanks for your reply.

Now i am able to hold the values in the input fields only which are available in the populated list.

when i type the values other than the values which are not available in the populated list then these values are resetting to null on ajax refresh, Is there any way to retain these values also which are not available in the populated list.

Thanks 

Hi @João Melo,

Component is working fine, when i type some value which is available in the populated list, and click on some action which has ajax refresh. After ajax refresh the value will be there in the input field.

But 

When i type some value which is not available in the populated list, and click on same action which has ajax refresh. After ajax refresh the value will not be there in the input field it is vanishing. 

(on click of some I am able to assign the value from input field to the local variable and also the input field widget is still holding the value(we saw with the debugger), after ajax refresh the value will not be there in the input field) 

Thanks.