[AppLauncherPlugin] "window.plugins.launcher" Not Available

Forge Component
(5)
Published on 2018-08-10 by Eduardo Jauch
5 votes
Published on 2018-08-10 by Eduardo Jauch

Hi,

I did tested the plugin by generating the apk and installing it in the phone. However, I am still getting an error where it says "App Launcher Plugin is unavailable". I did a check on the javascript that returns this error message and found out that !!window.plugins.launcher is returning false. How can I solve this issue? 

Hi Jianlong,

I can reproduce this problem. I'll investigate to solve it.
As soon as it is solved, I'll provide the solution or will update the plugin in the forge, and come back here to let you know.

I'll try to be as fast as I can.

Cheers.

Hi, 

This is temporary fix that I used.

Change the Extensibility Configuration in the plugins to :

{
    "plugin": {
        "url": "https://github.com/EduardoJauch/cordova-plugin-app-launcher.git#0.4.2"
    }
}

Thanks

Toto wrote:

Change the Extensibility Configuration in the plugins to :

{
    "plugin": {
        "url": "https://github.com/EduardoJauch/cordova-plugin-app-launcher.git#0.4.2"
    }
}

Hello Toto,

Thanks for pointing this out, as the extensibility is, indeed, missing the plugin part.

I'll fix it and send a new version to the Forge.

Cheers.

A new version with the required fixes, for version 11, was uploaded to Forge. 

At the moment I can't test it on version 10, but fixing the extensibility configuration manually (as provided by Toto) should work also.

If you still experience problems, please, let me know.

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

A new version with the required fixes, for version 11, was uploaded to Forge. 

At the moment I can't test it on version 10, but fixing the extensibility configuration manually (as provided by Toto) should work also.

If you still experience problems, please, let me know.

Cheers.

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks. It worked. 

However, I noticed that the javascript of the method onSuccess(data) in the "Launch" client action has an error. It assume it should be JSON.stringify(data);. But still, even after changing this line of code, I am still unable to get the data.extras that was passed back from the 2nd application. I did capture data.isActivityDone in the extras though. Any idea on how to solve this? 

Hello Jianlong,

Not right away.
I have to investigate it more and do some tests.

In the meantime, if you find a solution, please, share it here.

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Jianlong,

Not right away.
I have to investigate it more and do some tests.

In the meantime, if you find a solution, please, share it here.

Cheers.

Hi Eduardo,

It seems that I still can't find a solution. However, I realized that the client action already tried to grab the intent way before the 2nd application was called or sending the result. Is there anyway to solve this problem?

Thanks. 

Hi,

Unfortunately, not yet. I have this schedule to do a series of tests and some refactoring for two weeks from now.

Cheers