[SSRS Report Viewer] SSRS Authenication

Forge Component
(7)
Published on 2019-01-07 by Amal Raj
7 votes
Published on 2019-01-07 by Amal Raj

I have 2 questions

1. SSRS is supported Single sign on right?

2. if question1 is supported  then how to get information from outsystems to SSRS.

Hi 

This component does not support Single Sign on. One needs to provide explicit credentials to SSRS server for this to function.

Thank you for developing and sharing.  We use SSRS and use Reportviewer control in ASP.net web forms.

Very excited about trying to use this.  Any documentation for the input parameters?  I think I can figure them out, but just thought I would ask.


Hello Larry, 

Check out this basic sample to test the SSRS report viewer component. 

Hope this helps. !!!

Thank you Amal!  I will try this in next 1-2 days.

Hi Amal,

What is the resourceDownloadPath?

I can't get it to run.  Our dev and test environments are in the cloud.  Wondering if the control can't find our report server.  I think all other parameters are correct, since we use SSRS extensively.

Hello,

Sometimes there will be images present in SSRS reports. While calling the SSRS API we get stream ids for such images which we download and keep it in a table.  Then 'resourceDownloadPath' is inserted in to the html generated and send it back to the browser for rendering. So these images are downloaded seperately using the resourceDownloadPath url. You can use the value ("/"+ "SSRSReportViewer" + "/ImgDel.aspx") as is in the  resourceDownloadPath. 

The reason your repots are not working could be it is not finding the SSRS report server. If you have enterprise edition you could connect to your internal network by VPN provided as part of the LifeTime. 

Hello Larry,

Is it working now .


Regards

Amal

Hello Amal,

I have not tried yet, I am out of town until 03/05.  If I may give a bit more information - our Development and Testing environments are in cloud and our Production is on-premise.  

Our Outsystems cloud environments already have access to our internal databases, but might have difficulty when accessing SSRS Reportserver over HTTP.  I have a request to our firewall team to check our ports allowed for the Outsystems VPN.

Regarding the component, I did try a SQL Server account and Windows domain account, but both did not work.  I tried to debug but could not find the correct place to breakpoint and view some kind of message.  Where can I set breakpoint to view what the error is after the 'Load Report' button is pressed.

Thank you again.

???????SSRS??????????????SSRS?????,?????????,???????404.????????,???????

Hello!
        Can you provide an example of SSRS Report Viewer that can be opened directly? I just want to prove that it works?
Regards

Amal

Good afternoon. I am trying to use the component in Outsystems 11 and I always get zero from getPageCount, but I cannot be sure if it is related to parameters, connection or other. There are none errors that can help me with it.

Can you help me?

Next are the parameters:


Hello,

It looks like the parameters are incorrect ( eg : reportpath - this should be the complete path with report name)


And my Reporting Services looks like this ( where I can see all the reports )


Hello,

Try changing the url to https://<Server Name>/ReportServer/ReportExecution2005.asmx 

(Reference : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/report-server-web-service/methods/report-server-web-service-endpoints?view=sql-server-ver15 )



siya wrote:

Hello,

It looks like the parameters are incorrect ( eg : reportpath - this should be the complete path with report name)


And my Reporting Services looks like this ( where I can see all the reports )



Siya
Thanks for the fast response. I spoke with DBA and he told me that we are using Power BI and we do not have a reporting server running on Reporting Service. is there a way to connect to Power BI endpoint and avoid start a web server on Reporting Service Server?

Carlos A. Aponte Roa wrote:

siya wrote:

Hello,

It looks like the parameters are incorrect ( eg : reportpath - this should be the complete path with report name)


And my Reporting Services looks like this ( where I can see all the reports )



Siya
Thanks for the fast response. I spoke with DBA and he told me that we are using Power BI and we do not have a reporting server running on Reporting Service. is there a way to connect to Power BI endpoint and avoid start a web server on Reporting Service Server?

I change the parameters as suggested


But still same error. I am not sure if it is even connecting or not.


Next is the folder that opens with the URL

Carlos A. Aponte Roa wrote:

siya wrote:

Hello,

It looks like the parameters are incorrect ( eg : reportpath - this should be the complete path with report name)


And my Reporting Services looks like this ( where I can see all the reports )



Siya
Thanks for the fast response. I spoke with DBA and he told me that we are using Power BI and we do not have a reporting server running on Reporting Service. is there a way to connect to Power BI endpoint and avoid start a web server on Reporting Service Server?

Hello Carlos, 


I found a connector for Power BI in forge. I have personally not used it. 

Check it out here.  

Hope it helps !!!


Hello,

The url specified in your case is the 'Management Endpoints' which is used for  'managing objects on a report server'. We need the Execution endpoints which helps 'developers to customise report processing and rendering from a report server' .  

As @Amal mentioned please try the Power BI component.


Carlos A. Aponte Roa wrote:

Carlos A. Aponte Roa wrote:

siya wrote:

Hello,

It looks like the parameters are incorrect ( eg : reportpath - this should be the complete path with report name)


And my Reporting Services looks like this ( where I can see all the reports )



Siya
Thanks for the fast response. I spoke with DBA and he told me that we are using Power BI and we do not have a reporting server running on Reporting Service. is there a way to connect to Power BI endpoint and avoid start a web server on Reporting Service Server?

I change the parameters as suggested


But still same error. I am not sure if it is even connecting or not.


Next is the folder that opens with the URL



siya wrote:

Hello,

The url specified in your case is the 'Management Endpoints' which is used for  'managing objects on a report server'. We need the Execution endpoints which helps 'developers to customise report processing and rendering from a report server' .  

As @Amal mentioned please try the Power BI component.


Carlos A. Aponte Roa wrote:

Carlos A. Aponte Roa wrote:

siya wrote:

Hello,

It looks like the parameters are incorrect ( eg : reportpath - this should be the complete path with report name)


And my Reporting Services looks like this ( where I can see all the reports )



Siya
Thanks for the fast response. I spoke with DBA and he told me that we are using Power BI and we do not have a reporting server running on Reporting Service. is there a way to connect to Power BI endpoint and avoid start a web server on Reporting Service Server?

I change the parameters as suggested


But still same error. I am not sure if it is even connecting or not.


Next is the folder that opens with the URL



Hello. 


I changed approach and now I uploaded report on Reporting Services without PowerBI, next is my configuration



Also my structure on SQL Server Reporting Services is:


Stil no working. Is there a way to debug the issue? Any log that can be activated?


Hello,


Good Day. You are using Report Service End points instead of Report Execution Endpoints. Checkout this link by Microsoft @ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/report-server-web-service/methods/report-server-web-service-endpoints?view=sql-server-ver15


btw you can always clone the SSRS Report Viewer Extension and debug.


Best Regards,


siya wrote:

Hello,


Good Day. You are using Report Service End points instead of Report Execution Endpoints. Checkout this link by Microsoft @ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/report-server-web-service/methods/report-server-web-service-endpoints?view=sql-server-ver15


btw you can always clone the SSRS Report Viewer Extension and debug.


Best Regards,


I got what you said, even that I use now report execution

http://<server_name>/Reports_UIGASD/ReportExecution2005.asmx

And even when report open on browser using next URL

http://<server_name>/Reports_UIGASD/report/UIACCPYMT007


even if I use next different locations for report: 

/report/UIACCPYMT007

report/UIACCPYMT007

/UIACCPYMT007

UIACCPYMT007


the GetReport always returns next values.

Also, GetPageCount always return zero pages and session is always empty



Sorry for bother you but no clue what can be the problem.

Carlos A. Aponte Roa wrote:

siya wrote:

Hello,


Good Day. You are using Report Service End points instead of Report Execution Endpoints. Checkout this link by Microsoft @ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/report-server-web-service/methods/report-server-web-service-endpoints?view=sql-server-ver15


btw you can always clone the SSRS Report Viewer Extension and debug.


Best Regards,


I got what you said, even that I use now report execution

http://<server_name>/Reports_UIGASD/ReportExecution2005.asmx

And even when report open on browser using next URL

http://<server_name>/Reports_UIGASD/report/UIACCPYMT007


even if I use next different locations for report: 

/report/UIACCPYMT007

report/UIACCPYMT007

/UIACCPYMT007

UIACCPYMT007


the GetReport always returns next values.

Also, GetPageCount always return zero pages and session is always empty



Sorry for bother you but no clue what can be the problem.

I am not sure if problem is authentication. I tried removing password and got same errors. I do not have visibility if problem is user/domain/password or anything else.


Is there a way to test any of those p[arameters?


Hello,

Could you please share the details of your environment setup ? ( like which version of the SQL Server etc.. ). Will see if I can setup similar environment at my end.

Best Regards, 

Next are my environment information:


1. Outsystems 11.0.108.0. (.Net stack)

2. SQL Server 2016

Hi,

We have tested this component against SQL Server 2014 but not on SQL Server 2016.

btw could you please check the below setting on your environment and see the paths are correctly specified ?


Also when you type http://<<server>>/ReportServer/ReportExecution2005.asmx you should get something similar as below.




Will see if I can arrange SQL Server 2016 and keep you posted.


siya wrote:

Hi,

We have tested this component against SQL Server 2014 but not on SQL Server 2016.

btw could you please check the below setting on your environment and see the paths are correctly specified ?


Also when you type http://<<server>>/ReportServer/ReportExecution2005.asmx you should get something similar as below.




Will see if I can arrange SQL Server 2016 and keep you posted.


Hello

When I open 

http://<server_name>/Reports_UIGASD/ReportExecution2005.asmx it redirects to
http://<server_name>/Reports_UIGASD/browse/

And open next screen:


Also, 

Next is the server configuration:




Carlos A. Aponte Roa wrote:

siya wrote:

Hi,

We have tested this component against SQL Server 2014 but not on SQL Server 2016.

btw could you please check the below setting on your environment and see the paths are correctly specified ?


Also when you type http://<<server>>/ReportServer/ReportExecution2005.asmx you should get something similar as below.




Will see if I can arrange SQL Server 2016 and keep you posted.


Hello

When I open 

http://<server_name>/Reports_UIGASD/ReportExecution2005.asmx it redirects to
http://<server_name>/Reports_UIGASD/browse/

And open next screen:


Also, 

Next is the server configuration:





Hello Siya,


I just wanted to do a friendly follow up to know if you could test it on SQL Server 2016. Thanks.

Hello,

Was on vacation :) Will try in the coming week and keep you posted.


Hello,

I have installed SQL Server 2016 and the reports are working without any issue.I have attached the database backup (Northwind), report (test2) and the SSRSDemo application. 

You may restore the database on to your environment and install the attached the report.  Please let me know this works at your end.