Integration between a soap API and a rest API

Hi. I am new to Outsystems and new to developing also. I would like to fetch invoices from Autotask which is using soap. those invoices should then be sent to Fortnox rest api. Is there anyone that could point me in right direction for making such application with Outsystems?

/Per

Hi Per,

You can consume both services in Service Studio and then uses structures to pass data around the services as you want. You can refer to the Outsystems course on webservices to find out how to use them.

Solution

Hi Per,

Like Pedro wrote, the first step is to successfully consume both the Autotask SOAP and the Fortnox REST APIs. Whether this is easy or not depends on the peculiarities of those APIs (like the need for special authentication etc.).

Once you've set that up, it's - again like Pedro wrote - a matter of converting the data you receive from Autotask to the data that Fortnox requires. Since all SOAP and REST APIs in OutSystems use Structures to pass and receive the data (at least the more complex data), that'll mean converting between two sets of Structures.

Solution

Hi.

Thanks for your answers.
I will give it a try :)

Great. If you run into anything, just let us know (it's probably best starting a new topic then, and for now mark one of the answers above as solution).