Help us improve OutSystems - Take the Developer Survey

Hello, OutSystems world! 

As you know, one of the best ways to keep you, our loyal and dedicated developers, front and center, is to continue developing an amazing platform—one you’ll never stop loving to use and that’ll keep on boosting your career. We do that by paying attention to your posts in our Community, listening to you at our events, and reading every feedback message you send our way.

We have big plans to make 2019 an even better year for all of you, but we need your help. We would love it if you would participate in the 2019 OutSystems Developer Survey, the most comprehensive survey of OutSystems developers on Earth.

In about 20 minutes or so, you can let us know how we can tailor the platform to meet your needs and how we can accelerate your OutSystems proficiency and careers.

As a thank you for taking the survey, you will receive a community badge. You can also choose to be included in a random drawing for one of five Amazon gift cards—one with a top value of $500 (terms and conditions apply).

Due to local regulations we are only able to offer Amazon gift cards to specific countries, but we still hope you are able to participate and contribute to how we can best deliver a great OutSystems experience and career to all of you.

We value your time and effort in making OutSystems better for everyone who uses it. 

Thank you and here’s to a great year for all you OutSystems developers out there!

The survey closed on Feb 17, 2019.

Good initiative, will there be, in due time, and result published of  the survey, or will it stay internal for OutSystems?

Done That's Awesome & Good to Hear :)

Already done and keep up the excellent work!

Thanks for reaching out

I took it yesterday! Keep it up Outsystems!

Done
Excellent work!

Thanks

Hi all, and thank you so much for the responses so far and the feedback. 

We really want to make sure we do the right thing for all of you, and there's no real way to do it other than go out and ask you about things. So thank you for taking the time and letting your voice be heard.

If you can let your colleagues know about it as well, that'd be great as well!

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Good initiative, will there be, in due time, and result published of  the survey, or will it stay internal for OutSystems?

That's a great question Daniel, and one we were asked about recently but don't yet have a firm answer about. We didn't originally think about sharing the results as we weren't sure if these would be interesting for the community. I suppose that, if there's enough interest, it is something we can obviously consider and explore. I imagine some of the text/free-form answers may have comments that the respondents wouldn't want to share (I don't know, details about the projects), but what are your thoughts? 

This is all for the community, so let us know your thoughts and we are definitely listening. :)

Have a great day!

Done

Paulo Tavares wrote:

Hi all, and thank you so much for the responses so far and the feedback. 

We really want to make sure we do the right thing for all of you, and there's no real way to do it other than go out and ask you about things. So thank you for taking the time and letting your voice be heard.

If you can let your colleagues know about it as well, that'd be great as well!

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Good initiative, will there be, in due time, and result published of  the survey, or will it stay internal for OutSystems?

That's a great question Daniel, and one we were asked about recently but don't yet have a firm answer about. We didn't originally think about sharing the results as we weren't sure if these would be interesting for the community. I suppose that, if there's enough interest, it is something we can obviously consider and explore. I imagine some of the text/free-form answers may have comments that the respondents wouldn't want to share (I don't know, details about the projects), but what are your thoughts? 

This is all for the community, so let us know your thoughts and we are definitely listening. :)

Have a great day!

Hi Paulo,

I was especially interested in the answers of other community members on the possible improvements and difficulties they experience with outsystems. 

Regards,

Daniel

Done. Interesting !!!

Done.

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Paulo,

I was especially interested in the answers of other community members on the possible improvements and difficulties they experience with outsystems. 

Regards,

Daniel

That's perfectly fair. I'm keen on hearing what others would value or not, but noted. Thank you for the feedback - and thank you everyone else for the feedback as well! 

Keep it coming.

Done .. give me the badge! :-D 

Wim van den Brink wrote:

Ha yeah, missing that too :-D

Wim van den Brink wrote:

Well, the badge will only come after the survey is closed. :)

But for today I'm wishing you a happy birthday - it' today, isn't it? Or am I misremembering things? :)

Really like it..

All done :D

Paulo Tavares wrote: It´s very important this Survey. All done :D

Hello, OutSystems world! 

As you know, one of the best ways to keep you, our loyal and dedicated developers, front and center, is to continue developing an amazing platform—one you’ll never stop loving to use and that’ll keep on boosting your career. We do that by paying attention to your posts in our Community, listening to you at our events, and reading every feedback message you send our way.

We have big plans to make 2019 an even better year for all of you, but we need your help. We would love it if you would participate in the 2019 OutSystems Developer Survey, the most comprehensive survey of OutSystems developers on Earth.

In about 20 minutes or so, you can let us know how we can tailor the platform to meet your needs and how we can accelerate your OutSystems proficiency and careers.

As a thank you for taking the survey, you will receive a community badge. You can also choose to be included in a random drawing for one of five Amazon gift cards—one with a top value of $500 (terms and conditions apply).

Due to local regulations we are only able to offer Amazon gift cards to specific countries, but we still hope you are able to participate and contribute to how we can best deliver a great OutSystems experience and career to all of you.

We value your time and effort in making OutSystems better for everyone who uses it. 

Thank you and here’s to a great year for all you OutSystems developers out there!

Take the Survey »

Done =)

Done! Good thought about this survey. 

Paulo Tavares wrote:

Hello, OutSystems world! 

Take the Survey »

Done!!!

Happy Monday, and thank you all for the great feedback so far.

Great to see the momentum behind this!

Paulo Tavares wrote:

Wim van den Brink wrote:

Well, the badge will only come after the survey is closed. :)

But for today I'm wishing you a happy birthday - it' today, isn't it? Or am I misremembering things? :)

Hahaha, no totally right :-) thx!

Regards,

Wim

done

Done!!!

Paulo Tavares wrote:

Hello, OutSystems world! 

Take the Survey »

Done

Thank you all - great to see the continued enthusiasm and contributions. It's been a great first week, and we're almost crossing 200 answers!

We can only do this because of your support and feedback, so thank you from the entire team, and keep the feedback coming - from your colleagues, friends, and for others who are still on the fence. :)

Have a great day!

Done, it was really intresting..keep rocking..:)

Completed and send! 

done

Done ;)

Hi Paulo,

When are you going to distribute the badges ?

Best Regards

Pedro Vila Nova

Good morning, and thank you all for the great feedback and continued momentum!

The badges will be added to your profiles in the week after the survey ends - so, currently aiming for the week of February 18.

I'll let you all know about it when it's done - also to confirm whether we missed someone by mistake.

In the meantime, is there anything in particular anyone is keen on learning about, from the results we have so far? I was thinking to maybe share some intermediate results with you all, prior to the full analysis, should it be useful. Would that be of interest, and any preferences for the topics to share? No promises, but happy to take in inputs. 

Daniel mentioned interest in having more insights about the "difficulties they experience with outsystems", anything else top of mind?

Thanks!

I must say I don't really know, when I started with OutSystems myself long time ago I was working with someone who already was up and running and the bootcamp and online training in those days were not close to what's it now but already very good. Also when you start OutSystems now the online training is excellent, and whatever is not covered you mostly are able to find in the forums or ask from help there, the answers are of high quality most of the times. But still there is a lot to be fixed, but we have idea's for that and currently I believe there is much attention on the OS dev team for those also. Still the largest missing item in OutSystems is close integration with or an included testing system. There are some solution possible and very good ones also, but an enforced system in lifetime would be great. Whenever I talk to customers its the major thing I miss when they ask for the bad things about OutSystems :-)  It would be nice to see what other people found difficult .. and learning curves are nice too 

regards,

Wim

Thanks for your comments, Wim

Best Regards

Wim van den Brink wrote:

I must say I don't really know, when I started with OutSystems myself long time ago I was working with someone who already was up and running and the bootcamp and online training in those days were not close to what's it now but already very good. Also when you start OutSystems now the online training is excellent, and whatever is not covered you mostly are able to find in the forums or ask from help there, the answers are of high quality most of the times. But still there is a lot to be fixed, but we have idea's for that and currently I believe there is much attention on the OS dev team for those also. Still the largest missing item in OutSystems is close integration with or an included testing system. There are some solution possible and very good ones also, but an enforced system in lifetime would be great. Whenever I talk to customers its the major thing I miss when they ask for the bad things about OutSystems :-)  It would be nice to see what other people found difficult .. and learning curves are nice too 

regards,

Wim

Thanks Wim for the comments and perspective. 

I'm curious about what comes out of those indeed, and I'll see what would be good to share in the coming weeks, and how to go about it while the results are still pending.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Done! Keep up the good work!

Hi all, happy Monday!

I wanted to start this week off with a big THANK YOU.

We're almost at 300 responses so far - fantastic response from the community, especially considering that it's a meaty survey, and that not everyone comes to the forums to be aware of it.

Keep up the great work, and for those of you still on the fence, we'd love to hear from you.

Many thanks, and have a great day!

Diego Souza escreveu:

Paulo Tavares escreveu: É muito importante esta pesquisa. Tudo feito: D

Olá, mundo OutSystems! 

Como você sabe, uma das melhores maneiras de manter você, nossos desenvolvedores leais e dedicados, na frente e no centro, é continuar desenvolvendo uma plataforma incrível - que você nunca deixará de amar e que continuará impulsionando sua carreira. Fazemos isso prestando atenção às suas postagens em nossa Comunidade, ouvindo você em nossos eventos e lendo todas as mensagens de feedback que você nos envia.

Temos grandes planos para tornar 2019 um ano ainda melhor para todos vocês, mas precisamos da sua ajuda. Nós adoraríamos se você participasse da Pesquisa de Desenvolvedores do OutSystems 2019 , a pesquisa mais abrangente dos desenvolvedores do OutSystems na Terra .

Em aproximadamente 20 minutos, você pode nos informar como podemos adaptar a plataforma para atender às suas necessidades e como podemos acelerar sua proficiência e carreira no OutSystems.

Como um agradecimento por você ter participado da pesquisa, você receberá um crachá da comunidade . Você também pode optar por ser incluído em um sorteio aleatório de um dos cinco vales-presente da Amazon - um com um valor máximo de US $ 500,00 (os termos e condições se aplicam).

Devido às regulamentações locais, só podemos oferecer vales-presente da Amazon a países específicos, mas ainda esperamos que você possa participar e contribuir para a melhor forma de proporcionar uma excelente experiência e carreira da OutSystems a todos vocês.

Valorizamos seu tempo e esforço para tornar o OutSystems melhor para todos que o utilizam. 

Obrigado e aqui está um ótimo ano para todos os desenvolvedores do OutSystems!

Faça o levantamento »

100%

Paulo Tavares wrote:

Hello, OutSystems world! 

Take the Survey »

Done

Done! 

Come on, make it better!

Done, will there be any anonymous report available? I'm really interested to see the results  

Done. Interesting !!!

Done! Great!

Done :)!!!

It´s sad that the Sweepstakes is not open to Portugal residents...=/

// disclaimer: none of the following are meant to be taken as legal advice or guidance. They’re just my narration of things as they went.

Hi João, happy Friday.

Thanks for the remark, and trust me that nobody is sadder about it than ourselves.

When we set out to do this massive research to improve your overall experience, at some point we thought it’d be great to give something back to the participants, both as encouragement as well as a thank you. We thought of the community badge and, if we were going to be serious about getting as much feedback as possible, we also thought a sweepstake would be effective and positive idea.

As we were working through it with our legal team, after countless iterations and back and forths about it, the conclusion was that doing so in Portugal was an issue from a legal standpoint,and would be hard to get approval to run something like this at a global scale given that this kind of initiatives seems to fall under gambling legislation.

As such, we were faced with a few options:

1) Launch the survey but not offer anything to anyone, to make it equal;

2) Launch the survey only to the users in countries that we could run the sweepstakes in;

3) Launch it for everyone, and still offer the sweepstake to as many people as we legally could.

Option 1 didn’t seem the best, as we would be “not rewarding” everyone just because some couldn’t benefit from it. It’s similar to not running ODC in Portugal because others couldn’t attend.

Option 2 would seem unfair as well: all our users are precious and all of you should have the opportunity to have a say in the product’s future regardless of where you live, etc.

So, in the end, we settled for option 3, knowing that even though we wouldn’t be able to make it the best possible option for everyone, we would still make it as much as possible for everyone.

Even though it won’t make it better, I hope this clarifies things and the choices with the overall community in mind.

Thanks.

Done!! Keep up the excellent work :)

Paulo Tavares wrote:

// disclaimer: none of the following are meant to be taken as legal advice or guidance. They’re just my narration of things as they went.

Hi João, happy Friday.

Thanks for the remark, and trust me that nobody is sadder about it than ourselves.

When we set out to do this massive research to improve your overall experience, at some point we thought it’d be great to give something back to the participants, both as encouragement as well as a thank you. We thought of the community badge and, if we were going to be serious about getting as much feedback as possible, we also thought a sweepstake would be effective and positive idea.

As we were working through it with our legal team, after countless iterations and back and forths about it, the conclusion was that doing so in Portugal was an issue from a legal standpoint,and would be hard to get approval to run something like this at a global scale given that this kind of initiatives seems to fall under gambling legislation.

2) Launch the survey only to the users in countries that we could run the sweepstakes in;

3) Launch it for everyone, and still offer the sweepstake to as many people as we legally could.

Option 1 didn’t seem the best, as we would be “not rewarding” everyone just because some couldn’t benefit from it. It’s similar to not running ODC in Portugal because others couldn’t attend.

Option 2 would seem unfair as well: all our users are precious and all of you should have the opportunity to have a say in the product’s future regardless of where you live, etc.

So, in the end, we settled for option 3, knowing that even though we wouldn’t be able to make it the best possible option for everyone, we would still make it as much as possible for everyone.

Even though it won’t make it better, I hope this clarifies things and the choices with the overall community in mind.

Thanks.

Hi Paulo! Thank you for your answer =) Actually, just your answer makes it better, it shows that you care for the community.

Done :)

João Vasconcelos Dias wrote:

Paulo Tavares wrote:

Hi João, happy Friday.

Thanks.

Hi Paulo! Thank you for your answer =) Actually, just your answer makes it better, it shows that you care for the community.

Thank you for the feedback, and of course, for asking the question.

We care about the community first and foremost. Thank you for being part of it!

Have a great week :)

Paulo Tavares wrote:

Hello, OutSystems world! 

Take the Survey »

Will do.

Hi all, good morning and happy Friday!

We're almost only 1 week left, and we're over 650 answers so far. I'm extremely happy and honored by the response this has had, and for you all having answered the call for your feedback.

We are not taking the responsibility lightly, and we look forward to making things better for all of you based on your feedback.

Thank you, and have an awesome weekend :)

Hi all, and happy Wednesday!

Only a few more days to go - 4 days to be precise. :) We're almost at 800 answers, so if you still haven't had the chance to share your insights, I look forward to reading them and learning what we can do to make things better.

Thank you all for the tremendous feedback so far.

Solution

Hi all, and happy Monday!

Thank you all for your time and effort throughout this process - we had over 850 replies to our survey, which we will now be going through in detail in order to understand what we have been missing and how we can make things better for all of you. This means a lot and we do not take this responsibility lightly.

In the coming days the new badges will also be added to your profile. Thanks to @Ana Sequeira and team this is the awesome badge you'll receive:

If by the end of the week you have not received the badge and you left your community email address in the survey, do drop me a line via a Private Message and we'll look into it!

We'll also be reaching out to the lucky winners of the draw via email in the coming days.

Thank you once again, and have a great week!

Solution

Paulo Tavares wrote:

Thank you all for your time and effort throughout this process - we had over 850 replies to our survey, which we will now be going through in detail in order to understand what we have been missing and how we can make things better for all of you. This means a lot and we do not take this responsibility lightly.

In the coming days the new badges will also be added to your profile. Thanks to @Ana Sequeira and team this is the awesome badge you'll receive:

If by the end of the week you have not received the badge and you left your community email address in the survey, do drop me a line via a Private Message and we'll look into it!

We'll also be reaching out to the lucky winners of the draw via email in the coming days.

Thank you :) Team Outsystem*

That's Awesome :)

Cheers,

Assif

Nice badge. I hope you have also a physical version of it :) :)

Paulo Tavares wrote:

Nice!

Paulo Tavares wrote:

Hi all, and happy Monday! Nice badge! Thank you!

Hi everyone,

To close off this thread, I want to let you know that the 5 lucky winners of our OutSystems Developer Survey 2019 drawing have been notified!

To make it transparent for everyone how the drawing occurred, this is what we did:

1 - All the people who answered the survey and gave us a valid community email address were sorted by community registration date;

2 - Then we ran a random number generation with “OutSystemsDeveloperSurvey2019” as the seed at Random.org.

3 - The first 5 users that were eligible for the drawing were selected, and I emailed you just now so do look check your inboxes and/or spam filters. If I don't hear back from you in the coming days, I'll reach out via other channels, so don't worry :)

Thank you everyone and keep up the great work!

Paulo

P.S. - @Alberto: we currently do not have a physical version of it, but it's been noted! :D

Paulo Tavares wrote:

Hi everyone,

To close off this thread, I want to let you know that the 5 lucky winners of our OutSystems Developer Survey 2019 drawing have been notified!

To make it transparent for everyone how the drawing occurred, this is what we did:

1 - All the people who answered the survey and gave us a valid community email address were sorted by community registration date;

2 - Then we ran a random number generation with “OutSystemsDeveloperSurvey2019” as the seed at Random.org.

3 - The first 5 users that were eligible for the drawing were selected, and I emailed you just now so do look check your inboxes and/or spam filters. If I don't hear back from you in the coming days, I'll reach out via other channels, so don't worry :)

Paulo

P.S. - @Alberto: we currently do not have a physical version of it, but it's been noted! :D

Hi Paulo, 

following the comment of Alberto said, at ODC you made physical badges. =)

Best Regards

Hello everyone,

I was interested in filling out the Survey, I started to fill out, but I stopped halfway and left the link in my bookmarks. And I think you can not fill it in now, correct?

A big hug for everyone.

Paulo Tavares wrote:

Hi everyone,

Paulo

Thanks Paulo for your note :)