how to throw json format error instead html format error for 401 error code ?

i want to throw json format error as Api Response for Unautherization like below 

{  
  "Error": "Invalid username or password.",
  "StatusCode": 401
  }
but if i use setStatusCode Action for 401 error code then it is throwing below errorhow to fix it  please help me.

Hi Santhu MS,

The SetStatusCode from HTTPrequesthandler only sets status codes of the current HTTP response: 

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Reference/OutSystems_APIs/HTTPRequestHandler_API#SetStatusCode

Please refer to this post to have an idea how to validate JSON formats:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/36158/how-to-check-if-it-is-a-valid-json-format/

Kind regards,
Nordin

Hi Santhu,

On what version of the Platform are you?

In O10 the default on IIS is classic pipeline on the application pool. That makes IIS override any output on a 401 status code.

At some point during O10 the Integrated Pipeline started to be supported as a opt-in that required manual intervention in IIS. Not sure if just changing the pipeline mode is sufficient to overcome the IIS limitation or if some extra work need to be done.

Regards,

João Rosado

João Rosado wrote:

Hi Santhu,

On what version of the Platform are you?

In O10 the default on IIS is classic pipeline on the application pool. That makes IIS override any output on a 401 status code.

At some point during O10 the Integrated Pipeline started to be supported as a opt-in that required manual intervention in IIS. Not sure if just changing the pipeline mode is sufficient to overcome the IIS limitation or if some extra work need to be done.

Regards,

João Rosado

hi Rosado

sorry for late replay  i am working in outsystem 10.i dont know how to change pipeline can you please give solution to do that 

thank you

Santhu

Hi,

First ensure that you are in a version that already supports the integrated pipeline. On O10 it was added support on 10.0.502.0

I'm not on my work machine at the moment so cannot take a screenshot, but you need to go to IIS, select on the tree the "Application Pools" and then on the properties for the "OutSystemsApplications" change from Classic to Integrated.

Tell me if that was enough to solve your problem.

Regards,

João Rosado

By the way, did a quick test on my personal environment (that is on O11 so it forces integrated pipeline) and it worked fine getting a custom response on a 401 without any further changes:

João Rosado wrote:

Hi,

First ensure that you are in a version that already supports the integrated pipeline. On O10 it was added support on 10.0.502.0

I'm not on my work machine at the moment so cannot take a screenshot, but you need to go to IIS, select on the tree the "Application Pools" and then on the properties for the "OutSystemsApplications" change from Classic to Integrated.

Tell me if that was enough to solve your problem.

Regards,

João Rosado

hi Rosado

sorry for late replay.  my outsystem version is 10.0

thanks 

santhu

On O10 it was added support on 10.0.502.0 on the Platform Server release, so you need to tell me and check a bit more than 10.0

If you are before the revision that I said you cannot overcome that limitation 

If you are after it,  then you can fix it with the above steps.

Regards,

João Rosado