How to add double quotes in a string ?

Need to know how can I add a string "Ashish" to a variable name that it's value would be :

Name (datatype text) = "Ashish" (value)

as Name = ""Ashish"" would not work for obvious reasons.

Thanks 

Hi Ashish,

Try Name = """Ashish""" (So three double quotes)

Kind regards,

Nordin

Hi Ashish,

When you put two double quotes the expression validator will understand you are trying concatenate a blank space plus Ashish variable plus a blank space, but it's not validate because there are no the plus (+) between then.

If you put three quote, like Nordin said, expression will be validate.

I hope helped you.

Best regards

Maycon Silva

Solution

Hi,

If you want to do something with a variable that don't have quotes and want to add to it, you can do like this to:

The principle is the same that Nordin and Maycon told here, but with variables.

Regards,

Ricardo

Solution

Hey All

Thanks for your inputs I do realize that the two double quotes in the start give it a empty string that is up for a concatenation, I actually am trying to run an API in which, in the onBeforeRequest action need to append the JSON for payload to the CustomisedRequest.Text and since the JSON always has double quotes I am not sure how to pass them. I would love to give more inputs if needed.

Thanks for all your answers!!

Cheers

Ashish Sarwal wrote:

Hey All

Thanks for your inputs I do realize that the two double quotes in the start give it a empty string that is up for a concatenation, I actually am trying to run an API in which, in the onBeforeRequest action need to append the JSON for payload to the CustomisedRequest.Text and since the JSON always has double quotes I am not sure how to pass them. I would love to give more inputs if needed.

Thanks for all your answers!!

Cheers

Hi Ashish did you get a resolution.  If so please can you share.

Hi Ashish,

If you search the forum you will notice this question asked multiple times and with answers nsrked as solution.

With literal strings you put two double quotes for every single one.

Regards,

Daniel

No, this doesn't actually work

It returns this 

And I want this ""999999999"",

How do you do that^^^^???

Hi Michael,

Design:

Runtime:

Result Output textbox:

are you expecting this?

Thanks,

Balu

No, the output string in the debugger has to look like this ""999999999"". This is for a Restful api json request that requires the variable to be enclosed in double quotes. The text variable has to be stored with single quotes like this: "999999999", then when it is sent it will be received like this ""999999999"". That's what we can't get it to do.