Error ORA-3111 for external database connection.

HI,

I have a database connection using Oracle as the provider this connection will be use in Extension for external database and the target Oracle database version is 9i.

However,  when trying to test the connection the platform returns an exception."

ORA-3111: Break received on communication channel"

Our Platform Server version is 10.0.604.0.

Could it be that our current version of platform server does not support connecting to old Oracle database?

Hi,

So far as I see, this can be the Oracle database version that is too old. (but hey, I'm not shore :) ) I take this from other forum:

"ODP.NET, Managed Driver supports connecting to Oracle DB server 10.2 or higher. It does not support DB 10.1."

so, if you'r talking about 9i...

You can check this in this link:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29960380/error-ora-03111-break-received-on-communication-channel

Hope this can help you.

Best regards,

Ricardo

Jovvy wrote:

HI,

I have a database connection using Oracle as the provider this connection will be use in Extension for external database and the target Oracle database version is 9i.

However,  when trying to test the connection the platform returns an exception."

Could it be that our current version of platform server does not support connecting to old Oracle database?

Hello.

Oracle 9i is not supported in OutSystems 10. Check the system requirements here: https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Archive/10.0/OutSystems_Platform_system_requirements

João Valentim wrote:

Jovvy wrote:

HI,

Hello.

Oracle 9i is not supported in OutSystems 10. Check the system requirements here: https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Archive/10.0/OutSystems_Platform_system_requirements

Is there a possible way to support multiple version of Oracle database?

*Teammate of the poster here*

Say that we will push the upgrade of the Database connected, will the transition be smooth or we will have to adjust all 1700+ references of the extensions using it? What are our option?

Assuming you don't have anything specific to Oracle 9i in your extensions, it should be smooth. If you maintain the current Database Connections you don't have to republish. If you change some attributes of the current Database Connections (e.g. user, password, host, port), the changes will be propagated. 

Please note that if you create new Database Connections, you will have to adapt the references and republish.