one to many relationship no output

Hi guys, 

At the moment I am trying something what actually might be pretty simple. 

I created two entitys 

Categories and Equipment 

The equipment has the categoryId to have a connection.So one category can have one or more equipments. 

after creating the category detail screen and drag and drop the equipment entity to it the systems creates a popup with the posibility to add one or more equipments to a category. 

I changed the input field to a combo box to select equipments I created before and add them. 

If I am now trying the process. It doesn´t add the equipments to the list but adds blank fields into the category detail and also into the equiment list. 

I guess the issue is with the combo box but I have no clue what I have to change

Thanks for your input!

Tobi

BigSlikTobi wrote:

Hi guys, 

At the moment I am trying something what actually might be pretty simple. 

I created two entitys 

Categories and Equipment 

The equipment has the categoryId to have a connection.So one category can have one or more equipments. 

after creating the category detail screen and drag and drop the equipment entity to it the systems creates a popup with the posibility to add one or more equipments to a category. 

I changed the input field to a combo box to select equipments I created before and add them. 

If I am now trying the process. It doesn´t add the equipments to the list but adds blank fields into the category detail and also into the equiment list. 

I guess the issue is with the combo box but I have no clue what I have to change

Thanks for your input!

Tobi

You create a combo box with the Categories? And place the source entity : Category? and save the id in a var to make an assign on form?

Best regards

Hi,

Can you share with us prints of your logic/actions? It's better to understand what you are doing and what can be wrong.

Thanks!

Regards,

Ricardo

I guess the problem is, that with the popup created automatically I can create new equipment. But I want to add equipment already created to a category.

the logic is the logic created by the system

Solution

Hi,

What I thing you need it's a many to many relationship. you need to create a table to associate equipment and Category.

An example with other labels:

After that, you can drag and drop that table in the Category detail screen.

Hope this can help.

Regards,

Ricardo

Solution

This seems to work! 

Thank you!!! 

Glad to ear that!

You're welcome! ;)

Regards,

Ricardo