Deploying Data to testing server

Hi Every one

I am deploying my application to the testing server, and after deployment is done I found that the entities contain no data except static entities and forge Component that I used in the development environment and deployed to the testing server also.

Can anyone explain this to me?

Hello,

Every environment has its own database and no data is migrated during deployment.

if data were migrated on an environment currently being used, let's say Production, you would be in big trouble (most of the times).

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello,

Every environment has its own database and no data is migrated during deployment.

if data were migrated on an environment currently being used, let's say Production, you would be in big trouble (most of the times).

Cheers

Thanks For your reply

But let's say I have some entities at development environment which contain data that it should be a fixed it is not a static entities and I need to migrate this data to the testing environment what should I do?

for example 

I have one entity that contains the company branches with extra more details and let's assume that this branches count will not change in the future and I need to migrate this data to the testing environment what should I do?

Solution

Hello Ahmed,

If the data will not change, I would use an static entity.

If the data CAN change (even if the number of rows not), I would do a bootstrap.

You can create it from an Excel file, automatically.

The bootstrap Idea is to have a timer set to run at publish, that run a Server Action that fetches data from an Excel and add it to an entity.

This way, on deploy, if the entity is empty, it is filled with this data.

On subsequent deploys, as there is data already, no bootstrap is/should be done.

Cheers

Solution