Hi Guys,

I have a requirement to Generate a CSV File with a large amount of data from the local storage when the device cannot connect to the internet.

With this, May I ask if there was an alternative to StringBuilder action since I will be doing the creation of CSV File on Client Side or Is there a best approach when Exporting Data from Device to CSV with large amount of data.

Outsystems Version: 10

Regards,

John

Hello John,

First, you can try to find something on the forge.

If there is nothing to create a CSV from local storage (client side), you can always use the old and good solution: Do it yourself ;)

You can always code a client action that create a string by append to the end each column of each line, separated by comma, and append a carriage return when the last column is added.

Cheers.

P.S. Out of curiosity, why the user needs a CSV file when the mobile is offline?

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello John,

First, you can try to find something on the forge.

If there is nothing to create a CSV from local storage (client side), you can always use the old and good solution: Do it yourself ;)

You can always code a client action that create a string by append to the end each column of each line, separated by comma, and append a carriage return when the last column is added.

Cheers.

P.S. Out of curiosity, why the user needs a CSV file when the mobile is offline?

Hello, 

Thank you for responding.

Will try to find something on forge, and yes we can create an action to concat the data.

But what I am afraid is to have a memory leak due to a large data will be exported to CSV. I usually use the StringBuilder action to prevent errors.

It is a sort of contingency plan when cannot automatically sync the data back to the server, the CSV file will then be sent manually for Import.

John

Hi John,

It makes sense.

Anyway, I think you will not have any problem with memory leaks doing this in code if you are just appending text to a string variable, as the "code" will be created by the platform, not by you. 

Cheers.