[Google Distance Matrix API] Installing version 2.1.0_O11 causes Service Studio to crash

Forge Component
(4)
Published on 2018-11-02 by Hanno
4 votes
Published on 2018-11-02 by Hanno

Hi!

I was trying to install version 2.1.0_O11 from within Service Studio 11.0.406.0 but this causes Service Studio to crash.

Tried this within different environments (11.0.118.0, and 11.0.211.0) and the same errors happens. So, it does not seem to be related with the environments.

Tried using Service Studio BETA 11.0.407.101 and same error happens.

I have reported this error to OutSystems.

Does anyone else also experiences this error?

--Tiago Bernardo

Found out what was one problem:

Because the previous version was an OML instead of an OAP, I previously created manually an application (type Web) named "Google Distance Matrix API" and placed the espace "GoogleDistanceMatrixAPI" in that application.

When trying to install the new application OAP for version 2.1.0, trough Service Center (not Service Studio) I got this more helpful error :

So I just renamed the application to another name, but kept the espace "GoogleDistanceMatrixAPI" in that application.

Note that the application, although renamed to a different name than "Google Distance Matrix API", still had at this time the type of application Web.

I tried again using Service Studio (not Service Center) to publish the new version from the Forge, but still Service Studio crashed giving no clue on what happened.

I went back to Service Center (not Service Studio), tried to publish the application, and it worked!

It was then that I noticed that the espace "GoogleDistanceMatrixAPI" is now a Service! And the application "Google Distance Matrix API" is now a of type Service (not Web).

1) Before publishing version 2.1.0_OS11.

2) After publishing version 2.1.0_OS11.

It is my bad that I did not read carefully "What's new" of version 2.1.0, 

But I was not expecting it to be "Converted to Service Module"...

Conclusion:

When publishing a new version of a component from the Forge, pay close attention if it has been converted to Service Actions!

Note:

Although in version 2.1.0 the espace and application have been converted to Service, still it only provides Server Actions.

--Tiago Bernardo

I am facing the same issue on OS 11. But I do not have any version installed before and I have checked from service centre to ensure there isn't any espace or app with the name distance in it. Is there anything special about service module? 

I even downloaded .OAP file and tried to open it. Service Studio tells me the package is corrupted. But the version 2.0 OML was able to open and publish.

Hi Gadar 

What version of OS11 are you using?

Gadar S wrote:

I am facing the same issue on OS 11. But I do not have any version installed before and I have checked from service centre to ensure there isn't any espace or app with the name distance in it. Is there anything special about service module? 

I even downloaded .OAP file and tried to open it. Service Studio tells me the package is corrupted. But the version 2.0 OML was able to open and publish.

Try the attached version and let me know if you still have issues?

Hanno

Tiago Bernardo wrote:

Found out what was one problem:

Because the previous version was an OML instead of an OAP, I previously created manually an application (type Web) named "Google Distance Matrix API" and placed the espace "GoogleDistanceMatrixAPI" in that application.

When trying to install the new application OAP for version 2.1.0, trough Service Center (not Service Studio) I got this more helpful error :

So I just renamed the application to another name, but kept the espace "GoogleDistanceMatrixAPI" in that application.

Note that the application, although renamed to a different name than "Google Distance Matrix API", still had at this time the type of application Web.

I tried again using Service Studio (not Service Center) to publish the new version from the Forge, but still Service Studio crashed giving no clue on what happened.

I went back to Service Center (not Service Studio), tried to publish the application, and it worked!

It was then that I noticed that the espace "GoogleDistanceMatrixAPI" is now a Service! And the application "Google Distance Matrix API" is now a of type Service (not Web).

1) Before publishing version 2.1.0_OS11.

2) After publishing version 2.1.0_OS11.

It is my bad that I did not read carefully "What's new" of version 2.1.0, 

But I was not expecting it to be "Converted to Service Module"...

Conclusion:

When publishing a new version of a component from the Forge, pay close attention if it has been converted to Service Actions!

Note:

Although in version 2.1.0 the espace and application have been converted to Service, still it only provides Server Actions.

--Tiago Bernardo

Thanks for the detailed description here, Tiago. I have a new version with the server action converted to a service action, but cannot upload it yet due to some error on the Forge.

Thank you for pointing out my oversight when converting to a services module!

Hanno