WebPatterns\UI FLows\Development\CSS component

Does anyone know how to use the WebPatterns\UI FLows\Development\CSS component?  Glancing at it there does not seem to be any functionality in it minus a placeholder for description.  There is a sibling development component name JS that has a property named Javascript where the the JavaScript goes in addition to the description placeholder.  I am not seeing a CSS or Style property on the CSS component.

Solution

Hi Erik,

You are right doesn't seem to have any functionality I would say you can use it to have the CSS tag and on the description placeholder put the expression with the css you want. But to be honest I just prefer to have all the css classes in the theme and change the class accordingly on the elements you want to have dynamic css.

Regards,

Marcelo

Solution

Thanks for verifying!

I just found the JS component and really like it.  Much better looking than my existing JS CSS standby of -ServiceStudio-background-color: yellow;  My UIs in ServiceStudio now look more like the VisualStudio Asp.net designer with all the JS Components hanging around uptop in the OS Header webblock.

I actually had a good use case for a function CSS component in a custom component that was a wrapper of a open source jQuery plugin:

• A CSS component for the imported minified jQuery plugin css.
  • Separate css components for each OS theme to correct misbehaving plugin css.
  • A CSS component for any customization at the app level.

If I get time I can just make my own webblock and add a CSS property and placeholder to the existing CSS webblock.