[SMS Cordova Plugin] SMS Received not triggered

Forge Component
(0)
Published on 2018-02-16 by Pedro Domingues
0 votes
Published on 2018-02-16 by Pedro Domingues

I try to use this component: Call StartWatch (with success, checked all the output parameters: plugin available, Permissions granted Watching=true), but the app doesn't get the SMSRecieved-event triggerd. Tried to debug it with cable, but no success, the event simply doesn't get triggered. Sending an SMS works.

Any idea?

Hi Joost,

Let me inform you that Google will start blocking Apps that access the SMS content from the Mobile Phones. They will be rejected\removed from Play Store.

I don't know if that's the case but probably you might need to rethink your app logic.

If it's not the scenario please let me know.

Cheers,

Hi Pedro,

Thanks for your very quick response! 

It's not an app I want to put in the store. Just for personal use: to forward an incoming SMS to a Mailbox.

Kind regards,

Joost

No problem Joost,

In order to achieve that, please use this component:

SMS Receiver Plugin

Cheers,

Thanks again.

Seems like that component only proactive can receive the sms. It doesn't have an event that automaticly gets triggered when an sms is received.

You're welcome!

Still no success: When actively trying to forward the sms with the last plugin I get: SmsReceiver is not defined. 

My case is: i want to have the app (in the background) automaticly forward any incoming sms's.

Hi Pedro Domingues,

I am also trying to implement this plugin. 

I have a scenario where i want to parse a specific OTP related SMS from a specific sender in my device and then read the OTP value from SMS content and populate OTP input control to auto-fill OTP.

Somehow, sms receive event is not triggering although i have registered required listener using startwatch client action.

Any help?

Regards,

Abid

Abid Hussain wrote:

Hi Pedro Domingues,

I am also trying to implement this plugin. 

I have a scenario where i want to parse a specific OTP related SMS from a specific sender in my device and then read the OTP value from SMS content and populate OTP input control to auto-fill OTP.

Somehow, sms receive event is not triggering although i have registered required listener using startwatch client action.

Any help?

Regards,

Abid

Hi Abid, 

Which plugin are you using?

In order to achieve that you should use the SMS Receiver Plugin

Cheers,