[Oracle Connector P9] OS11 compatibility version

Forge Component
(8)
Published on 2015-03-13 by Grazina
8 votes
Published on 2015-03-13 by Grazina

In several usecases i've heard of, it would be very helpful if this extension was available for OS11 as opposed to using the workaround of Advanced SQL queries to call procedures and functions.

I've started to look into the code to see what could be done - but I seem to be stuck halfway.

While there are no compilation errors after a small fix, i get the following error as a screen-action calls the extension method to delete a record, entering a structure record with attributes exactly like the procedure parameter.

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlTransaction' to type 'Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.Client.OracleTransaction'.

Sadly I'm working without an on-premise outsystems environment (personal cloud) so I'm unable to properly debug the extension code as recommended.

I've followed any helpful hints i could find in both the Oracle Connector & P9 forge forums, and several attempts ended me up with this error. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Full error log:

Id:
0ed53df1-8115-4050-9f9d-5888796c5b0f
Time of Log:
2019-02-13 08:28:10
eSpace:
OracleWeb
Tenant:
Users
User:
 (2)
Session Id:
apxrxmmcunggtwhaxyf5azmp
Server:
S4WKE-LT6B9G
Module:

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlTransaction' to type 'Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.Client.OracleTransaction'.

Environment InformationeSpaceVer: 0 (Id=1245, PubId=0, CompiledWith=11.0.118.0)
RequestUrl: https://cboom.outsystemscloud.com/OracleWeb/HomePage.aspx (Method: POST)
AppDomain: /LM/W3SVC/35/ROOT/OracleWeb-1325-131944601968420073
FilePath: C:\OutSystems\Sandboxes\WUYXEV032\Platform Server\running\OracleWeb\HomePage.aspx
ClientIp: 31.160.9.2
Locale: en-US
DateFormat: dd-MM-yyyy
PID: 2848 ('w3wp', Started='1/7/2019 5:05:43 PM', Priv=581Mb, Virt=2119641Mb)
TID: 47
Thread Name:
.NET: 4.0.30319.42000
Stack:
   at ssOracleTest.RssExtensionOracleConnector.MssExecuteSP(HeContext heContext, String inParamConnectionName, String inParamoracleBD, String inParamoracleUser, String inParamoraclePass, String inParamPKGName, String inParamSPName, Object inParamParameters, Object inParamSimpleOutputs, Int32 inParamSimpleOutputTextSize, Object inParamOutputList, String inParamCursorName)
   at ssOracleTest.Actions.ActionDeptDel(HeContext heContext, ENDEPTEntityRecord inParamDept)
   at ssOracleWeb.RsseSpaceOracleTest.MssDeptDel(HeContext heContext, IRecord inParamDept)
   at ssOracleWeb.Flows.FlowMainFlow.ScrnHomePage.CommandDelDept(HeContext heContext)

Carina wrote:

In several usecases i've heard of, it would be very helpful if this extension was available for OS11 as opposed to using the workaround of Advanced SQL queries to call procedures and functions.

I've started to look into the code to see what could be done - but I seem to be stuck halfway.

While there are no compilation errors after a small fix, i get the following error as a screen-action calls the extension method to delete a record, entering a structure record with attributes exactly like the procedure parameter.

Sadly I'm working without an on-premise outsystems environment (personal cloud) so I'm unable to properly debug the extension code as recommended.

I've followed any helpful hints i could find in both the Oracle Connector & P9 forge forums, and several attempts ended me up with this error. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Full error log:

Id:
Time of Log:
eSpace:
OracleWeb
Tenant:
Users
User:
 (2)
Session Id:
apxrxmmcunggtwhaxyf5azmp
Server:
S4WKE-LT6B9G
Module:

RequestUrl: https://cboom.outsystemscloud.com/OracleWeb/HomePage.aspx (Method: POST)
FilePath: C:\OutSystems\Sandboxes\WUYXEV032\Platform Server\running\OracleWeb\HomePage.aspx
Thread Name:
Stack:
   at ssOracleTest.RssExtensionOracleConnector.MssExecuteSP(HeContext heContext, String inParamConnectionName, String inParamoracleBD, String inParamoracleUser, String inParamoraclePass, String inParamPKGName, String inParamSPName, Object inParamParameters, Object inParamSimpleOutputs, Int32 inParamSimpleOutputTextSize, Object inParamOutputList, String inParamCursorName)
   at ssOracleTest.Actions.ActionDeptDel(HeContext heContext, ENDEPTEntityRecord inParamDept)
   at ssOracleWeb.RsseSpaceOracleTest.MssDeptDel(HeContext heContext, IRecord inParamDept)
   at ssOracleWeb.Flows.FlowMainFlow.ScrnHomePage.CommandDelDept(HeContext heContext)

Carina, did you find a way to solve this problem?

Cheers,

Eduardo Oliveira wrote:

Carina wrote:

Full error log:

Id:
Time of Log:
eSpace:
OracleWeb
Tenant:
Users
User:
 (2)
Session Id:
apxrxmmcunggtwhaxyf5azmp
Server:
S4WKE-LT6B9G
Module:

Thread Name:
Stack:

Cheers,

Hi Eduardo,

Unfortunately I did not find the help I needed, and had to focus on other matters soon after. So I am afraid I did not get further with this issue.
I did see that there is a p11 version of the oracle connector component out now at https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/6636/oracle-connector-p11, thank you for that. I have not had enough time for Outsystems in recent months to try that out but i will try soon.

Best regards,

Carina

Carina wrote:

Eduardo Oliveira wrote:

Carina wrote:

Full error log:

Id:
Time of Log:
eSpace:
OracleWeb
Tenant:
Users
User:
 (2)
Session Id:
apxrxmmcunggtwhaxyf5azmp
Server:
S4WKE-LT6B9G
Module:

Thread Name:
Stack:

Cheers,

Hi Eduardo,

Unfortunately I did not find the help I needed, and had to focus on other matters soon after. So I am afraid I did not get further with this issue.
I did see that there is a p11 version of the oracle connector component out now at https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/6636/oracle-connector-p11, thank you for that. I have not had enough time for Outsystems in recent months to try that out but i will try soon.

Best regards,

Carina

I tried to fix the code provided in p9, I got the same issue as you about the cast of object type, but after some tests the error disappeared.
Worked for me in the projects that i am using the component. Check the p11 later and tells me if worked for you.

Cheers,

Eduardo Oliveira