Auto fill the otp through message

Hai all,

we send the otp through message, And here i want to add the auto fill functionality where the otp is readed from the message and its automatically fill in the otp field in the form. Any one help  me

Regards,
Jeyasri

Hello Jeyasri, 

Can you please be more specific about this issue?
I'm assuming this 'otp' that you refer is a variable assigned to a specific input field. What type of message do you refer when you say that you send the 'otp' through message? 

There's a lot of possibilities to autofill a field in a form, I'm just trying to understand what scenario are you on.

Best Regards

Paulo Zacarias wrote:

Hello Jeyasri, 

Can you please be more specific about this issue?
I'm assuming this 'otp' that you refer is a variable assigned to a specific input field. What type of message do you refer when you say that you send the 'otp' through message? 

There's a lot of possibilities to autofill a field in a form, I'm just trying to understand what scenario are you on.

Best Regards

Thanks for ur reply paulo,

I am using twilio message for sending sms.

if I receive a message (OTP) that otp should be automatically readed and displayed in input box.If any possible

Thanks,
Jeyasri

You will have to use SMS plugin and read the latest message and understand which one is otp(One time Password). 

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-versions/5313 for version 11(New plugin and Seems to work partially)

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-discussions/2499/SMS+Cordova+Plugin for version 10.

Please read the support questions raised by others to get more details.

Also check the Reviews. 

Note : This only works on Android.

In future Google might stop access to this functionality

I Guess the best option is let the user fill OTP Manually.

Jeyasri, 

I'm assuming that you already have the Twilio API up and running... and from what I see, you want to implement some kind of authentication right?

So, let's say you receive that message (OTP) in your cellphone with the code. Do you want to pass the SMS value into the screen, is that it? Is this a mobile app that you're trying to build?

Best Regards

Paulo Zacarias wrote:

Jeyasri, 

I'm assuming that you already have the Twilio API up and running... and from what I see, you want to implement some kind of authentication right?

So, let's say you receive that message (OTP) in your cellphone with the code. Do you want to pass the SMS value into the screen, is that it? Is this a mobile app that you're trying to build?

Best Regards

Hai paulo,

Yes,exactly

Thanks.
Jeyasri