How to assign a Null Value to Binary Data?

I have set a container in my list with the visibility of a boolean check on if binary data is NullBinary().

Unfortunately when I do not upload any image to my binary data table it still displays but with no content inside. I look in the data entity and it states that its binary data with 0 bytes.

How to I assign a Null Value to it so i can use the <> NullBinary() function to set as visibility for my container?

Amal Raj wrote:

Hi 

Check the below post. 

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/18214/check-if-binary-data-is-null/

Hope this helps  !!!

Hi Amal, Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, this does not solve my problem. My empty image container still shows up. Suggesting that the value of the data is not NullBinary() but instead a binary data element but without an actual value...

In the local variable Binary Data I am also unable to set a default value to NullBinary().

Edward Teo wrote:

Amal Raj wrote:

Hi 

Check the below post. 

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/18214/check-if-binary-data-is-null/

Hope this helps  !!!

Unfortunately, this does not solve my problem. My empty image container still shows up. Suggesting that the value of the data is not NullBinary() but instead a binary data element but without an actual value...

In the local variable Binary Data I am also unable to set a default value to NullBinary().

Hello Edward. 

How about checking the size with BinaryDataSize  function ?

Regards

Amal 

Amal Raj wrote:

Edward Teo wrote:

Amal Raj wrote:

Hi 

Check the below post. 

Hope this helps  !!!

Hello Edward. 

How about checking the size with BinaryDataSize  function ?

Regards

Amal 

I am trying to do it on mobile and seem unable to use the binary data extension.

Edward Teo wrote:

Amal Raj wrote:

Hi 

Check the below post. 

Hope this helps  !!!

Hello Edward, 

You can in the OnInitialize() action, assign a NullBinary() to the local variable. 

Regards

Amal 

Solution

Hi  Edward To,

Trough out my learning process in Mobile, i had to do a Movies App and i had the same problem but i think i found a solution that suits me well. 

In the next images i intent to show how i dealt with it.

Web block "Person Detail":

Take a look on the "OnReady" Action to see how i dealt with this issue.

If you have anymore doubts, please say anything.

Best Regards,
Rúben Oliveira Silva

Solution

Hi Edward,

Without knowing the details of why NullBinary() doesn't seem to work (I think it should), as a workaround you could check whether the output of the query is Empty or not, to determine whether you have an image.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Edward,

Without knowing the details of why NullBinary() doesn't seem to work (I think it should), as a workaround you could check whether the output of the query is Empty or not, to determine whether you have an image.

Hi Kilian,

That's what i thought but the reality is that NullBinary() it's a function that's not empty.

Well that's what i understood with my research...

Best Regards,

Ruben Oliveira Silva 

Rúben Oliveira wrote:

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Edward,

Hi Kilian,

That's what i thought but the reality is that NullBinary() it's a function that's not empty.

Well that's what i understood with my research...

Best Regards,

Ruben Oliveira Silva 

Yes, it is not empty indeed. I have created another Entity to manually check the boolean of my upload button as a workaround. 

Thanks for the help!