Hi Outsystems Gurus,

I'm trying to implement functionality of leaving comment in the email content.

But, by default, the system won't allow me to add input field or text field into the mail content.

Any hints about this?

In terms of the button feature, expression and link can do part of the tricks. However, link can only direct users to another web screen, not an action, which I reckon a button can do.

Anyway, button feature is not expected as much as text field. It's appreciated if anyone can help with this.

Thanks,

AY 

Hi Andy Yan!

Create a email block, drag an expression and populate her with the comment from the database or just type your comment that you want to write in your expression.

Hope i could help you!

Best Regards,

Nuno Pereira

Create a web block with all your requirements, and drag to your email

Best regards.

Nuno Gonçalo Pereira wrote:

Hi Andy Yan!

Create a email block, drag an expression and populate her with the comment from the database or just type your comment that you want to write in your expression.

Hope i could help you!

Best Regards,

Nuno Pereira

Hi Nuno,

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry if I didn’t explain clearly what I’m chasing for.

I want to enable the email recipient to directly type in their comment in the received email (and from there, the comment can then be passed somewhere else). The solution you proposed sounds like a static string shown to the end user, isn’t it?

Correct me if I misunderstood it. Cheers.

AY

Pedro Vila Nova wrote:

Create a web block with all your requirements, and drag to your email

Best regards.

Hi Pedro,

Thanks for the reply.

If you’re talking about embedding the input field into a web block and then drag the block to the email content, it doesn’t work. It won’t show itself as I tried. Also there was warning message mentioning about the unavailability of widgets.

Correct me if I misunderstood it. Cheers.

AY

Sorry Andy. 

when i read your explanation to Nuno's reply, it's impossible.

Better with an email, with a link with a GUID, redirect a new page to reply with comment.

Pedro Vila Nova wrote:

Sorry Andy. 

Better with an email, with a link with a GUID, redirect a new page to reply with comment.

yes, we can't control the user side..

Andy Yan, if you want to leave comments, they have to be on application side. you can create two tables (one for Email and other for the Comment's) and when you send the email you save your email id and binary data in your database, and then create a screen with a table with all of emails/notifications of these emails, that permits to the user's leave some comments.

Best Regards,

Nuno Pereira 

Nuno Gonçalo Pereira wrote:

Pedro Vila Nova wrote:

Sorry Andy. 

yes, we can't control the user side..

Andy Yan, if you want to leave comments, they have to be on application side. you can create two tables (one for Email and other for the Comment's) and when you send the email you save your email id and binary data in your database, and then create a screen with a table with all of emails/notifications of these emails, that permits to the user's leave some comments.

Best Regards,

Nuno Pereira 

Andy,

you don't need to save Email or binary.

when you sent the email to user, you could use the built in function -  generateGuid(), 

in your email the link : Site.URL+"/test/?GUID=" + GetGetUsersByGUID.List.Current.User.GUID.

then the page recive as input Parameter the guid. 

Then you can cross the info =)