[Badge Plugin] Badge Plugin works on iOS but not on Android

Forge Component
(5)
Published on 2017-03-03 by Rafael Fantato
5 votes
Published on 2017-03-03 by Rafael Fantato

Hi,

We've implemented this plugin in a mobile app. On iOS we see a badge appear and disappear on the app icon as expected, on Android the badge never appears. We have the same code on iOS and Android and on both devices we have the latest native build installed.

Can anybody explain this? Any tips for a solution?

Thanks!

Hi,

This plugin is based on:

https://github.com/katzer/cordova-plugin-badge


According to the documentation only supports iOS10+ 


What is the version of your iOS?


Regards,

Bruno F. Cantante


bfcantante wrote:

Hi,

This plugin is based on:

https://github.com/katzer/cordova-plugin-badge


According to the documentation only supports iOS10+ 


What is the version of your iOS?


Regards,

Bruno F. Cantante


Hi,

We have no issue on iOS.

Documentation says:

Supported Platforms

So we expect it to work on Android, but it does not, at least not on the phones we tried it on.

Sorry, I messed up.

I'll try to understand why it does not work.



(If you use the pushwoosh plugin can try use this library to control the badge)


Note:

Some android devices not support badge.



Hi,

I did some tests and also not it worked on a device that I know supports the badge.

I dont have time to debug, sorry. 

Hopefully someone has found a solution.


bfcantante wrote:

Hi,

I did some tests and also not it worked on a device that I know supports the badge.

I dont have time to debug, sorry. 

Hopefully someone has found a solution.


unfortunately the plugin`s author on Git didn't find a solution. It uses a lot of dependencies from others components and Android has many different devices and it's not working with many of them.

That OS Plugin is updated with the latest cordova git project.

:(

Rafael Fantato wrote:

bfcantante wrote:

Hi,

I did some tests and also not it worked on a device that I know supports the badge.

I dont have time to debug, sorry. 

Hopefully someone has found a solution.


unfortunately the plugin`s author on Git didn't find a solution. It uses a lot of dependencies from others components and Android has many different devices and it's not working with many of them.

That OS Plugin is updated with the latest cordova git project.

:(


Thanks for the update. Indeed unfortunate the plugin does not work on many Android devices. Perhaps you could update the description to make that clear?

Solution

Frans Moquette wrote:

Rafael Fantato wrote:

bfcantante wrote:

Hi,

I did some tests and also not it worked on a device that I know supports the badge.

I dont have time to debug, sorry. 

Hopefully someone has found a solution.


unfortunately the plugin`s author on Git didn't find a solution. It uses a lot of dependencies from others components and Android has many different devices and it's not working with many of them.

That OS Plugin is updated with the latest cordova git project.

:(


Thanks for the update. Indeed unfortunate the plugin does not work on many Android devices. Perhaps you could update the description to make that clear?

Yes, it is done! Thank you!


Solution