Production Environment to Dev Mode

Hi All,

In order to view data of the table and to do basic SQL operation we need to change production environment to development mode can any body give a procedure on how to convert to development mode in version 11

Thanks,

R.karthik

Hey R.karthik,

I can't say that I recommend doing this, it will also allow people to set breakpoints in production and halt the server.  That said, to answer your question, in your production environment's Service Center, an administrator can select Administration -> Environment and there is a drop down to toggle between dev and prod.  I believe you have to re-publish your modules after making such a change as well, essentially following the procedures of a platform upgrade.

Craig St. Jean wrote:

Hey R.karthik,

I can't say that I recommend doing this, it will also allow people to set breakpoints in production and halt the server.  That said, to answer your question, in your production environment's Service Center, an administrator can select Administration -> Environment and there is a drop down to toggle between dev and prod.  I believe you have to re-publish your modules after making such a change as well, essentially following the procedures of a platform upgrade.

Hi Craig 

IN OUTSYSTEM Version 10 only we have that drop down option to select dev but in version 11 that option is missing

Strange, the documentation for OutSystems 11 (https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Installation/Configure_your_OutSystems_environment) shows a dropdown.  Unfortunately, my enterprise environment is on version 10 at the moment.  I will check in with some others.

Hi ,

Looks like for Outsystems 11 you can't change the purpose (prod to dev). You can check that in this document.

Maybe if you contact Outsystems support they can help you.

Regards,

Marcelo 

Hi @Marcelo,

This is not entirely correct. At least, in the document, I couldn't find a place that says that an environment set to Production can't be reverted to Development.
We have an OnPremisses environment in version 11 and we can set the Purpose without problems.

The question here is that the user must have permission to do that (must be an admin).

Also, the license may limit what you can do in an environment. For example, if you have a Development environment license, you can't change it to production.

@Karthik, is the drop down not visible or just disabled?

Cheers.

Hi Eduardo,

In that documentation it says this:

"The environment Purpose should only be changed when an environment is being configured for the first time or right after an upgrade to OutSystems 11. Besides those two moments, the Purpose should be stable throughout the life of an environment."

Anyway I'm admin of cloud environmet of Outsystems 11 and this is what I see

No option to change it. But maybe is what you said is a licence restriction. But If thats the case that documentation should be written in a different way.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hello Marcelo,

Should is different from Can't.
In fact, in a on premisses environment, with version 11, I can change the purpose.

But in a cloud environment that we used to ave as development (converted from production) in version 10, after the upgrade to 11, it is stuck in Production and there is no way to change it to dev (but it is possible to enable debug).

I still not installed/updated a server to 11, so I would need to check if it is possible to change the purpose when updating, and if there is other way to change it, or if in version 11, in a cloud infrastructure, this is not possible.

Cheers.