[Automatic Deployment] Is there a way to force the "Two Stage Deployment"?

Forge Component
(9)
Published on 2017-03-14 by Remco Dekkinga
9 votes
Published on 2017-03-14 by Remco Dekkinga

Hi,

I'm using Automatic Deployment and in my tests i ran in a problem with the "Two Stage Deployment".

When i call the Service (/AutomaticDeployment/rest/AutomaticDeployment/Deploy) that runs lifetime deploy automaticaly, if i have previously configured to deploy in "Two Stage" between the source/target environments, the service stay put and returns a error.

When i go to lifetime, i check that the deploy stopped waiting for a human confirmation on the next step that will finally deploy the solution on the next environment.

After i confirm the next step, everything works smoothly and the Service returns a valid jSON.

The question is: Can i automate the second stage, or explaining better, can the service "confirm" the second stage? Or do i have always confirm in lifetime?

Taking advantage from this topic i would like to congrats the team of "Automatic Deployment". It's a great solution focusing in DevOps.

Solution

Hi Luiz,

You can ask yourself the following question. Why do I have two-stage deployment enabled and why do I want to automate the second stage?

Isn't it easier to disable two stage deployment? This way the application deployed directly.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Solution

Remco Dekkinga wrote:

Hi Luiz,

You can ask yourself the following question. Why do I have two-stage deployment enabled and why do I want to automate the second stage?

Isn't it easier to disable two stage deployment? This way the application deployed directly.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Hi Remco,

Yes, it's way too easy to just disable the two stage deployment. But i started this thread to know if there is a way around this configuration. Maybe in some companies the group responsible to manage Lifetime won't aproove changing this setup. But i think this option is more related to the organizational culture than technology.

So since there is no way to move around the "two stage deployment" i'll close this discussion.

Thanks for the help.