[Pin Code] Pincode haspin error

Forge Component
(9)
Published on 2018-04-23 by Labs
9 votes
Published on 2018-04-23 by Labs

The haspin action always returns true since it calls GetValue and checks whether it is empty or not. Though it returns "false" instead of nothing when it can't find a value.


Hi Frank,

The plugin has an action to do that.

Nuno Rolo wrote:

Hi Frank,

The plugin has an action to do that.

Like I said; the 'haspin' action is not functioning correctly. So I was hoping for the lab team to look at it. :) 




Do you have the latest version and did you checked the Sample Flow to see how to implement!

There are some details that you need to be aware, like if the user is logged in.

Nuno Rolo wrote:

Do you have the latest version and did you checked the Sample Flow to see how to implement!

There are some details that you need to be aware, like if the user is logged in.

I did take a look at it. Though I think the KeyStorePlugin returns a different value since it's last update. Namely instead of returning "" (nothing/empty string) when it can't find a value for a user, it now appears to return a string "false".


The hasPin logic is looking whether the GetValue doesn't return an empty string and then returns true.  But due to the "false" returned by the getValue action, it wrongly concludes that the user has a pin.




Well, I think I can't help you more without more detail, recently my team made several applications where the PinCode was implemented and it's working fine in all of them.

A few last points you can try, does this happen in all devices, did you try to uninstall the application and install it again. 

Please note that when you add a new plugin a new version of the app needs to be generated.

Hello Frank,

If I'm understanding correctly, the problem may be with the value that is returned from the KeyStorePlugin.

Which version of the Key Store Plugin do you have installed?

Also, are you testing this specific feature on a real device or via your browser? 

Cheers,

Samuel Jesus

Hi Samual,

I'm testing it on an android device with the latest version of the Key Store Plugin.

We changed the comparison (as shown in the screenshot in the original post) to GetValue..Value <> "False"  and it works like a charm again.


It did use to work before; thats why I think the output of the Key Store Plugin changed from empty to "Failed".


For now I can work with it. I mainly wanted to address this point to the lab team via this way.


Nevertheless thanks a lot for your effort (and Nuno too!).

Hello Frank,

That is my suspicion as well.

The Pincode component was done using a previous version of the Key Store plugin.

The newer version of the plugin may have altered the mechanism.

I'll share this feedback with the team, but for now, I'm glad to hear you found a workaround for your app :)

Cheers,

Samuel