How to toggle device notification settings through mobile app.

Hello everyone ,

I have an requirement that i should be able to toggle device notification settings through mobile app.

Means i have an toggle button through which i should be able to turn ON and  turn OFF receiving mobile notification on my app, how can i change system settings through mobile app , is it possible to do so ?

Thanks and Regards,

Nitesh Ahirwar

Hi Nitesh,

That should be a feature of the plugins that provide Notification support (OneSignal, PushWoosh, Firebase). You have detailed instructions on how to configure OneSignal and PushWoosh.

In order to stop receiving notifications on the device, you'd simply need to de-register the device from the Notification system (I haven't used the plugins, but the Cordova SDK for OneSignal allows unsubscribing, the same goes for the Cordova Plugin for Pushwoosh, through this API call).

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Nitesh,

That should be a feature of the plugins that provide Notification support (OneSignal, PushWoosh, Firebase). You have detailed instructions on how to configure OneSignal and PushWoosh.

In order to stop receiving notifications on the device, you'd simply need to de-register the device from the Notification system (I haven't used the plugins, but the Cordova SDK for OneSignal allows unsubscribing, the same goes for the Cordova Plugin for Pushwoosh, through this API call).

Hi Jorge,

thanks for the reply , i have used Pushwoosh for notification and also used registerdevice and unregisterdevice action to toggle notification from pushwoosh.

But my requirement is, if a user has turned off notifications for my app from its device's setting(android or iPhone) than if a user turns On notification from app receive notification then it should also allow overwriting the setting made from device to receive notification .

Wouldn't that be as simple as re-requesting permissions for notifications? I'm no expert, so can't really help much, but I believe if you get iOS to request permissions to be granted again from the user you can then register the device with Pushwoosh (after the user said yes)