Hi all,

Over the last couple of weeks we kept working on Integrations. This time on REST Web Services!

The already existing course Integrating with Web Services was extended with two sets of exercises that cover: how to consume a REST API to use data from an external system and; expose a REST API to allow external systems to consume data from an OutSystems app.

Consuming an External REST API:

Exposing a REST API in OutSystems:

Regards,
Miguel Domingues

Miguel Domingues wrote:

Hi all,

Over the last couple of weeks we kept working on Integrations. This time on REST Web Services!

The already existing course Integrating with Web Services was extended with two sets of exercises that cover: how to consume a REST API to use data from an external system and; expose a REST API to allow external systems to consume data from an OutSystems app.

Consuming an External REST API:

Exposing a REST API in OutSystems:

Regards,
Miguel Domingues

Hello,

Do you already try to past the URL correctly? And what is the version of platform?

Best regarding,

Thiago Schettini Mari

Hi Thiago,

Which URL are you referring to?

Hi,

Of  the REST/SOAP web service.

Cheers,

Thiago S. Mari

I just tested the URL (https://foundation.outsystems.net/ContactsAPI/rest/v1/contacts/) and it is working.

Is this the one?

Miguel Domingues wrote:

I just tested the URL (https://foundation.outsystems.net/ContactsAPI/rest/v1/contacts/) and it is working.

Is this the one?

Yes, then you need to Logic Tab -> web Services, then choose the right option (SOAP or REST) and put the URL

That URL is a REST endpoint, not SOAP.

Can you share a print screen of the issue?

Thanks

Miguel Domingues wrote:

Thanks

The way to manage is the same of both ws.

Now i work with version 8 and the way to work is a little bit different but you can find in documentation the right way to use SOAP.

Just like this picture above:

Resultado de imagem para soap outsystems

Cheers,

Thiago S. Mari

Miguel Domingues wrote:

Thanks

You have this Guide: https://success.outsystems.com/Evaluation/Integration/00_Integrate_with_SOAP_web_services_and_REST_APIs

Hope to help,

Thiago S. Mari

I'm sorry Thiago but I'm not understanding your issue.

The initial message of this post is referring to a set of exercises about REST. However you are mentioning SOAP which is not the same.

The URL I mentioned before will not work in SOAP, it is a REST API endpoint and they are not compatible.

Miguel Domingues wrote:

I'm sorry Thiago but I'm not understanding your issue.

The initial message of this post is referring to a set of exercises about REST. However you are mentioning SOAP which is not the same.

The URL I mentioned before will not work in SOAP, it is a REST API endpoint and they are not compatible.

I know is not the same but the way you treat is almost the same, you only need put the URL in REST option.

See this video and the next and you can understand better: https://www.outsystems.com/learn/lesson/1690/configure-and-test-a-rest-service/?LearningPathId=0

Cheers,

Thiago S. Mari

The REST URL on the video is working fine on my side.

Miguel Domingues wrote:

The REST URL on the video is working fine on my side.

Hi,

So, this video help you to solve your problem?

Cheers,

Thiago S. Mari

Hi Thiago,

The initial post was an announcement, not actually a question.

It was just to inform the community of a new set of exercises released by the Training Team.

Cheers

Miguel Domingues wrote:

Hi Thiago,

The initial post was an announcement, not actually a question.

It was just to inform the community of a new set of exercises released by the Training Team.

Cheers

Ok Miguel,

My mistake.

Cheers,

Thiago S. Mari

Hi guys,

I need to create a function to expose API that is going to be used by Power BI dashboard.

Meanwhile, I need to follow the entity design of the Power BI itself, but I encountered a problem which is about the field naming.

For example, one of a field in Power BI table named Full Name (with space) where in Oustystems we can't use space between. Do you have any idea what should I do to fix this problem?

Any kind of help will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Lady

Hi,

On the input and output parameters you have the "Name in Request/Response" property.

Note that for the property to be enabled you may need to change the Send In of the parameter, and the HTTP Method of the API method itself.

Cheers

Hi Miguel,

Thanks a lot for the reply!

The problem is solved alr with a help of someone from the forum as well (but the solution is a bit different).

I will try your solution as well and check whether it can bring better result.

Cheers,

Lady