Hi all,

Over the last couple of weeks we kept working on Integrations. This time on REST Web Services!

The already existing course Integrating with Web Services was extended with two sets of exercises that cover: how to consume a REST API to use data from an external system and; expose a REST API to allow external systems to consume data from an OutSystems app.

Consuming an External REST API:

Exposing a REST API in OutSystems:

Regards,
Miguel Domingues


Miguel Domingues wrote:

Hi all,

Over the last couple of weeks we kept working on Integrations. This time on REST Web Services!

The already existing course Integrating with Web Services was extended with two sets of exercises that cover: how to consume a REST API to use data from an external system and; expose a REST API to allow external systems to consume data from an OutSystems app.

Consuming an External REST API:

Exposing a REST API in OutSystems:

Regards,
Miguel Domingues


Hello,


Do you already try to past the URL correctly? And what is the version of platform?


Best regarding,

Thiago Schettini Mari


Hi Thiago,

Which URL are you referring to?

Hi,

Of  the REST/SOAP web service.


Cheers,

Thiago S. Mari

I just tested the URL (https://foundation.outsystems.net/ContactsAPI/rest/v1/contacts/) and it is working.

Is this the one?

Miguel Domingues wrote:

I just tested the URL (https://foundation.outsystems.net/ContactsAPI/rest/v1/contacts/) and it is working.

Is this the one?

Yes, then you need to Logic Tab -> web Services, then choose the right option (SOAP or REST) and put the URL


That URL is a REST endpoint, not SOAP.

Can you share a print screen of the issue?

Thanks

Miguel Domingues wrote:

That URL is a REST endpoint, not SOAP.

Can you share a print screen of the issue?

Thanks

The way to manage is the same of both ws.


Now i work with version 8 and the way to work is a little bit different but you can find in documentation the right way to use SOAP.

Just like this picture above:

Resultado de imagem para soap outsystems


Cheers,

Thiago S. Mari

Miguel Domingues wrote:

That URL is a REST endpoint, not SOAP.

Can you share a print screen of the issue?

Thanks

You have this Guide: https://success.outsystems.com/Evaluation/Integration/00_Integrate_with_SOAP_web_services_and_REST_APIs


Hope to help,

Thiago S. Mari


I'm sorry Thiago but I'm not understanding your issue.

The initial message of this post is referring to a set of exercises about REST. However you are mentioning SOAP which is not the same.

The URL I mentioned before will not work in SOAP, it is a REST API endpoint and they are not compatible.

Miguel Domingues wrote:

I'm sorry Thiago but I'm not understanding your issue.

The initial message of this post is referring to a set of exercises about REST. However you are mentioning SOAP which is not the same.

The URL I mentioned before will not work in SOAP, it is a REST API endpoint and they are not compatible.

I know is not the same but the way you treat is almost the same, you only need put the URL in REST option.


See this video and the next and you can understand better: https://www.outsystems.com/learn/lesson/1690/configure-and-test-a-rest-service/?LearningPathId=0


Cheers,

Thiago S. Mari


The REST URL on the video is working fine on my side.

Miguel Domingues wrote:

The REST URL on the video is working fine on my side.

Hi,


So, this video help you to solve your problem?


Cheers,

Thiago S. Mari

Hi Thiago,

The initial post was an announcement, not actually a question.

It was just to inform the community of a new set of exercises released by the Training Team.

Cheers


Miguel Domingues wrote:

Hi Thiago,

The initial post was an announcement, not actually a question.

It was just to inform the community of a new set of exercises released by the Training Team.

Cheers


Ok Miguel,


My mistake.


Cheers,

Thiago S. Mari