I have a popup in a mobile app with a list inside it (source list is an aggregate). Every time I open it, the popup does a slight flicker and readjusts in size. I'm not sure why this is happening since I have a check for "IsDataFetched" to open the popup. 

Do you have any style sheets applied to the pop up? What screen events are you using on the pop up screen?

Stacey Levine wrote:

Do you have any style sheets applied to the pop up? What screen events are you using on the pop up screen?

I open the popup with a client action that changes the value of the local variable I use to control the visibility of the popup. The action is executed on a button click in the screen.
I don't have any styles applied on the popup.

Stacey Levine wrote:

Check this link:  https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Troubleshooting_Applications/Solve_Common_Mobile_App_Development_Iss


Most of the flicker issues are related to CSS in differnet places.

I'd already check this article but it didn't helped much. I don't have any specific CSS on the popup nor do I have any of the rendering conditioned by the fetching of the data.


It also can be the CSS on the application itself. Unfortunately, those are the ideas without actually seeing your application.  If you can recreate it in a small application, please share it here.

Stacey Levine wrote:

It also can be the CSS on the application itself. Unfortunately, those are the ideas without actually seeing your application.  If you can recreate it in a small application, please share it here.


Here. I'm fetching a static entity and I also have the check boxes.

Is the flicker in the simulator or on a device or both?

Stacey Levine wrote:

Is the flicker in the simulator or on a device or both?


Both

Solution

Check out this: https://devrel-dev.outsystemsenterprise.com/PreviewInDevices/?IsMobilePreview=True&DeviceName=Smartphone&URL=/testmobile/Screen1?_ts=636873846058459821


This appears to fix it. The behavior that you are seeing is the popup is showing in the orignal size and then resizing once it loads the data. I changed mine to have a style with a set height and it seems to have fixed the issue. I will let the UI team know to check out this behaviour - but you should be able to fix it this way

Solution

Stacey Levine wrote:

Check out this: https://devrel-dev.outsystemsenterprise.com/PreviewInDevices/?IsMobilePreview=True&DeviceName=Smartphone&URL=/testmobile/Screen1?_ts=636873846058459821


This appears to fix it. The behavior that you are seeing is the popup is showing in the orignal size and then resizing once it loads the data. I changed mine to have a style with a set height and it seems to have fixed the issue. I will let the UI team know to check out this behaviour - but you should be able to fix it this way

Thanks Stacey!