Form Validation - Local Variable vs Input Parameter

In use: Outsystems 10, Cloud.

Our application has a very long form as required by the client. Given this, input validation and data saving take time to process, so we were tasked to do an optimization.

In validating inputs in a server action, is there a difference, in terms of performance, if the variables used are the ones directly from the form (Form.Record) rather than passing the record as the action's input parameter and using that one instead?

Hi Kurt,

That really should not give any noticeable difference.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Kurt,

That really should not give any noticeable difference.

I see. Thank you for your reply.

As for long forms, do you have any suggestions for handling invalid form inputs aside from the traditional Input.Valid and Input.ValidationMessage method?

Well, long forms in general should be avoided. I know some clients will love them, but in general multi-page/multi-tab or wizard-like input is much better.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Well, long forms in general should be avoided. I know some clients will love them, but in general multi-page/multi-tab or wizard-like input is much better.

I agree. As much as we want to make the form a multi-tab one, the client requested to have it as a single form in a page.

Thanks a lot.