[Directory] Cascade/Append directory and Horizontal Relation

Forge Component
(22)
Published on 2018-10-12 by Sofia Mourato
22 votes
Published on 2018-10-12 by Sofia Mourato

Hello,

Thank you for this component since it allows me to generate an organization structure. However, I have some problems with it.

The component allows to show and hide part of the structure. However, Iwant it to be able to cascade/append the list.

Ialready tried to do so with a screen action. But, the list record data is not complete on the said action. Even though,

the data in the preperation is complete. Is there a way to make the data show?

I want to be able to do this so that the structure will reshape it size dynamically whenever a structure is cascade/appended not hide/show.

Also is it possible to make a horizontal relation between one box to another? because for now its only able to make a top down relation between one box to another.

Thank you for this component and I hope these problems are able to be solved.

Regards,

Muhammad Syafiq

Hi Syafiq!

The component allows to show and hide part of the structure. However, Iwant it to be able to cascade/append the list.

Ialready tried to do so with a screen action. But, the list record data is not complete on the said action. Even though,

the data in the preperation is complete. Is there a way to make the data show?

I want to be able to do this so that the structure will reshape it size dynamically whenever a structure is cascade/appended not hide/show.

I don't exactly understand what you need?... When you create a new OrganizationUnit you need to Notify the parent so it can refresh the Preparation's GetOrganizationUnitsWithoutParents aggregate, and then Ajax Refresh the outer ListRecords. This is already implemented in the OrgChart Web Block by the way...

If you want to affect the shape of the tree that gets displayed, you need to manipulate the TreeList local variable defined in the OrgChart Web Block, and likely Ajax Refresh the Hierarchy Container.

These suggestions are educated guesses, based on examining how the Directory's Org Chart was implemented, I haven't used this before.

Also is it possible to make a horizontal relation between one box to another? because for now its only able to make a top down relation between one box to another.

From what I can see of the implementation, it is using https://github.com/wesnolte/jOrgChart that specifically targets hierarchies. So the short answer would be "no".

Usually an Org Chart is hierarchical... what are you trying to represent here that requires sideways relationships (a graph)?

Hi Jorge!

I don't exactly understand what you need?... When you create a new OrganizationUnit you need to Notify the parent so it can refresh the Preparation's GetOrganizationUnitsWithoutParents aggregate, and then Ajax Refresh the outer ListRecords. This is already implemented in the OrgChart Web Block by the way...

If you want to affect the shape of the tree that gets displayed, you need to manipulate the TreeList local variable defined in the OrgChart Web Block, and likely Ajax Refresh the Hierarchy Container.

These suggestions are educated guesses, based on examining how the Directory's Org Chart was implemented, I haven't used this before.

Any screen action that is made in the OrgChart Web Block will not get the complete data from the List Record in the Web Block. Whenever I debug the ToggleNode screen action, The List Record will not show the complete data unlike the TreeList. 

From what I can see of the implementation, it is using https://github.com/wesnolte/jOrgChart that specifically targets hierarchies. So the short answer would be "no".

Usually an Org Chart is hierarchical... what are you trying to represent here that requires sideways relationships (a graph)?.

That is true in most cases. But I am currently trying to generate a structure with a horizontal-ish relation. The structure that we are trying to make looks similiar to this.

Thank you for your reply and sorry it took a while for me to reply back.

Regards,

Muhammad Syafiq