We have a current requirement that asks to shorten the timer on the feedback message and to re-position the feedback message to the bottom of the screen. We are wondering if this can be done with the standard feedback widget from RichWidgets. We would like to try and avoid using a forge component and just manipulate the standard OutSystems component.

You might be able to modify the CSS to change the position of the widget.

But I don't think the Feedback_Message widget exposes any parameters that would allow you to easily change the behavior of the built-in widget, in terms of the timing.

But you could certainly modify a clone of the widget and use that version to achieve what you're looking to do.

Just expand the RichWidgets node in a web project, right-click the Feedback_Message widget, and click Open in 'RichWidgets' eSpace. You'll be prompted to create a clone of the eSpace. Once you've made your modifications and published, you can use your version of the widget.

Hi Jestin,

There is nothing wrong with using a forge component as replacement of the default feedback widget. I would prefer to use something that is already build and used before, than doing all the work myself. Actually we have it as a code guide line, that before starting to develop something you see if you can reuse existing component to do the task.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/4360/toastrjs is one example of a good customizable feedback component.

Regards,

Daniel

Hello Jestin Blackmon,

To set feedback message at bottom try to use below CSS

.Feedback_Message_Success{
 bottom: 0px !important;
 position: fixed !important;
}

And for shorten time try this JQuery

after feedback message add RunJavaScript widget.

"setTimeout(function () { $('.Feedback_Message_Success').css('display','none')}, 1000);"

kindly note that it is for Success feedback message. If you want another feedback mesage then use the related feedback message class

Hi Suhas Jamdade,

But If I use FeedBackMsg in Popup.

The FBMsg cant be closed by

"setTimeout(function () { $('.Feedback_Message_Success').css('display','none')}, 1000);"

How to close FBMsg in Popup?

fly away wrote:

Hi Suhas Jamdade,

But If I use FeedBackMsg in Popup.

The FBMsg cant be closed by

How to close FBMsg in Popup?

It's really just a matter of finding the correct parent element, which you can use the browser dev tools for (right-click the pop-up, select "Inspect", and then go over the markup to see which element is the parent for the pop-up). Once you know which element you're targeting, you just need to change the '$('.Feedback_Message_Success')' selector to select the desired element. 

If you're not familiar with CSS selectors, the dot (.) selects by CSS class, the hash (#) selects by id (in the markup), etc. There's a ton of documentation on selector syntax at jquery.com.

Hello fly away,

Can you please share the OML?

Suhas Jamdade wrote:

Hello fly away,

Can you please share the OML?

Here is the oml.

In Main Screen , I click [showErrorMsg] Button , Then I click [CloseErrorMsg].  The Error Message will be closed.

In PopuMsg Screen, I cant close the [Error Message].

Thank you very much.