[Keyboard Plugin] Events not firing

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 2018-10-03 by Pedro Domingues
3 votes
Published on 2018-10-03 by Pedro Domingues

Hi,

I am using the keyboard plugin to detect if the keyboard is visible to the user. Unfortunatly none of the events seem to be firing. I have checked the plugin exists using the CheckKeyboardPlugin client action.

Hello Anthony, how are you?

Are you testing as a native application on a device? The events doesn't seem to be triggered either on the web preview nor on the Outsystems Now app. However as a native app it's working fine (what I did was add an input field on the screen which I could tap to show the keyboard and set the events like you did).

Let me know if you need any further help.

Hi Jay,

I seem to have solved the problem. I had to delete the app, regenerate the APK and reinstall. Unfortunately this will mean that all my user will also have to do the same. 

Anthony Phan wrote:

Hi Jay,

I seem to have solved the problem. I had to delete the app, regenerate the APK and reinstall. Unfortunately this will mean that all my user will also have to do the same. 

Can you share what was the problem?

Seems the module uses a library (presumably cordova library) that needs to be installed by regenerating the APK. If the app is already installed it will not automatically install the library.