Hiding half of the numbers on the display.

Hey I have a project that when I upload a excel file to a database with some numbers, I will like to hide half of those numbers when the information is display. 

For example, the numbers on the excel file are (1234-1234). When the user display the information I will like to show then the numbers like this (xxxx-1234). Is this possible?

Solution

Miguel Lopez wrote:

Hey I have a project that when I upload a excel file to a database with some numbers, I will like to hide half of those numbers when the information is display. 

For example, the numbers on the excel file are (1234-1234). When the user display the information I will like to show then the numbers like this (xxxx-1234). Is this possible?

Hi Miguel, 

If you know the length of your elements, and you don't want to change the values that are in the database, you can try to implement the Build-In functions like example below: 

Replace( number , Substr( number, 0 ,  4), "xxxx")

number is your attribute inside of the aggregate that you are catching the number to display

0 is the first number that you don't want to show like your first 1 char of 1 ...234-1234

4 is the total number of chars that you want to hide.

But if you don't know what is your number length, than you need first to calculate the total number of chars until you get the "-".

Solution

Perfect answer Capitão.

@Miguel all the steps mentioned you have to do in preparation stage and use the same list in web screen. I have checked it working fine.