[Card Scan Sample] Not being able to use the ID scan

Forge Component
(1)
Published on 2016-02-03 by Ruben G
1 vote
Published on 2016-02-03 by Ruben G

Hey,

I decided to test this app since i'll be needing to use the microblink API in a project i'm working on. However, while the credit card scanner is working fine, the ID scanner does not even open the camera to scan the ID.

I've already checked everything i can remember and nothing seemed to work.

Also, i got two licenses, one for IOS and one for Android, and placed both licenses as the default values of the respective paramenters, but still not working.

I am testing it on the current version of the Outsystems Now mobile app.

Rodrigo Alves wrote:

Hey,

I decided to test this app since i'll be needing to use the microblink API in a project i'm working on. However, while the credit card scanner is working fine, the ID scanner does not even open the camera to scan the ID.

I've already checked everything i can remember and nothing seemed to work.

Also, i got two licenses, one for IOS and one for Android, and placed both licenses as the default values of the respective paramenters, but still not working.

I am testing it on the current version of the Outsystems Now mobile app.

Hi Rodrigo, 

Have you tested in a native app? The behaviour is the same?

Jay Santos wrote:

Hi Rodrigo, 

Have you tested in a native app? The behaviour is the same?

Hey Jay,

Thanks for the answer and sorry for taking so long to reply.

i have not tested it in the native form since this sample, from my understanding, is web based. Not sure if it could be turned into an app. I have tried to use the API in an example i created and still had the issues referred when regarding the ID scan ability