Hi,

I have the requirement to import excel sheet which contains employee details. Once the import is done, new employee has to be created and shown in the interface. I tried checking in documentation but could not understand the procedure. 

I have used upload widget in interface and button. Button has an action , in which I used excelToRecord component. Am I doing anything wrong here ?

Thanks,

Saicharan

Hello Sai

What's the problem? Is there any error? The employee is not being created?

What's the source for the Excel to record list node?

What's the source to the create action node?

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Sai

What's the problem? Is there any error? The employee is not being created?

What's the source for the Excel to record list node?

What's the source to the create action node?

Cheers

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for the reply. Please let me know if the approach I am following is in right way.

What's the problem? Is there any error? The employee is not being created? - There is no error but the employee is not being created. I want to figure out why is the employee details are not created.

What's the source for the Excel to record list node? : Uploaded screen shot.

What's the source to the create action node? Source : ExcelTORecordList.Current.Employee

Hi, can't see the picture.

I imagine you are using the content file of the upload widget as source of the Excel to record list?

If so, what is the method you are using to call this screen action? It must be submit, otherwise the file will not be sent to the server.

As a side note, the use of the current will save a single line. If you want to save more employees from the excel, you will need to put the create action inside a foreach.

Cheers

Hi,Thank you!!

I am using Submit button. Can you please let me know the step by step process to implement import excel functionality for creation of new employee.

Thanks,

Saicharan

Hi Sai,

Of course we can, step by step, create entire applications for you, but I hope you can understand that we neither have the time, nor the inclination, to do your job. It seems to me, from your posts, you haven't even tried debugging the application to see what's going on (and going wrong). The steps for an import are pretty straightforward, and anyone with some basic OutSystems training should be able to work it out:

• Create a Screen with an Upload Widget and a Button Widget that's set to Submit;
  • Use Excel To Record List to convert the binary content of the Upload Widget to a Record List;
  • Loop over the List with a For Each, and save each record to the database.

That's really it. If anything goes wrong, debug. If you have specific questions, come back and ask them, but please, no generic "please do everything for me" style posts, thank you.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Sai,

Of course we can, step by step, create entire applications for you, but I hope you can understand that we neither have the time, nor the inclination, to do your job. It seems to me, from your posts, you haven't even tried debugging the application to see what's going on (and going wrong). The steps for an import are pretty straightforward, and anyone with some basic OutSystems training should be able to work it out:

• Create a Screen with an Upload Widget and a Button Widget that's set to Submit;
  • Use Excel To Record List to convert the binary content of the Upload Widget to a Record List;
  • Loop over the List with a For Each, and save each record to the database.

That's really it. If anything goes wrong, debug. If you have specific questions, come back and ask them, but please, no generic "please do everything for me" style posts, thank you.

Hi Kilian,

Thank you!!

I was making sure if my implementation is in right way or if there is any other way to implement it. Thanks.

If your implementation matches what I described you're good :). And please mark my answer as Solution if it's not too much trouble :).