Populating my Database Entity with some data.

I just created a database entity but I can't find a way to enter some data in this database manually. Please how do I do this if I do not want to import an excel sheet? 

Thanks

Ilo Calistus wrote:

I just created a database entity but I can't find a way to enter some data in this database manually. Please how do I do this if I do not want to import an excel sheet? 

Thanks

Hi there Ilo

You can create a "INSERT" using the "Advanced SQL" or create one screen for create this records manually.

Regards.

Carlos Alfradique.

1- load a record with your Entity Type;

2- fill all fields you want to save in this variable;

3-use a CreateOrUpdateEntity Action to save into your database.

I hope it will helps you!

Thanks and Best Regards,

Nuno Pereira

Nuno Gonçalo Pereira wrote:

1- load a record with your Entity Type;

2- fill all fields you want to save in this variable;

3-use a CreateOrUpdateEntity Action to save into your database.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Nuno Pereira

Please I am new to Outsystems
How do I go about step 1? 

Carlos Alfradique wrote:

Ilo Calistus wrote:

Thanks

Hi there Ilo

You can create a "INSERT" using the "Advanced SQL" or create one screen for create this records manually.

Regards.

Carlos Alfradique.

I would have loved to create a screen for that but at this stage I might find it difficult because I'm new to OutSystems :) 

You can do something like this:

(Automatically through a form)

using form record
OR Manually:

Thanks and Best Regards,
Nuno Pereira

Ilo Calistus wrote:

Carlos Alfradique wrote:

Ilo Calistus wrote:

Thanks

Hi there Ilo

You can create a "INSERT" using the "Advanced SQL" or create one screen for create this records manually.

Regards.

Carlos Alfradique.

I would have loved to create a screen for that but at this stage I might find it difficult because I'm new to OutSystems :) 

Hi,

You can doubleClick on your flow "MainFlow" for example.

After drag and drop your entity for this flow twice.

First drag and drop:

Second drag and drop:

After you can use the "screen detail" for create your records.

Have a nice day.

Regards, 

Carlos Alfradique

Carlos Alfradique wrote:

Ilo Calistus wrote:

Carlos Alfradique wrote:

Ilo Calistus wrote:

Thanks

Hi there Ilo

You can create a "INSERT" using the "Advanced SQL" or create one screen for create this records manually.

Regards.

Carlos Alfradique.

Hi,

You can doubleClick on your flow "MainFlow" for example.

After drag and drop your entity for this flow twice.

First drag and drop:

Second drag and drop:

After you can use the "screen detail" for create your records.

Have a nice day.

Regards, 

Carlos Alfradique

I was able to create that page but by entity has an image field on the table this field is missing on the form

Hi,

This post has a tutorial on how to upload an image.

By the way, it is bad practice to have a binary field in a "main" entity. It should be in a separate one.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/36927/how-to-upload-an-image-with-outsystems-beginner/

Cheers