[HealthPlugin] Unable to authenticate / read data for Google Fit on Android

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 18 Jul (3 days ago) by Sofia Mourato
3 votes
Published on 18 Jul (3 days ago) by Sofia Mourato

Hi,

I tried the Healthplugin Demo and I also tried to implement the RequestHealthAuthorization in mz own app. Whenever I try to authorize Google Fit, the app opens a window which allows me to select a Google Account. After selecting my account, the Popup window closes but the the Authorization gives the Error message: "User cancelled the dialog". 

You say in the documentation that I need to "Configure a keystore and project on Google API Console", but I don't see where in the Forge Plugin I should fill in this data, except in the StoreData function, which I don't need, since I only want to read the Google Fit data.

Many thanks in advance for any support on this issue and many regards

Achim

Hi Achim,

The keystore will be used to generate the native Android app that you're building, to be installed in your device.

Kind regards,
Sofia

Sofia Mourato wrote:

Hi Achim,

The keystore will be used to generate the native Android app that you're building, to be installed in your device.

Kind regards,
Sofia

Hi Sofia,

thanks for your quick response. So I need to configure a keystore and a project and deploy the app to the Playstore to be able to try it out. It is not possible to test it by deploying it as Build type "Debug" in Service Studio?

Hey Achim,

You don't need to deploy to the Playstore.
You can still generate the app with the Debug type, but there you have also a "Configure Keystore" section (check image below).

Kind regards,
Sofia