Development and Production environment

Hi all,

I've just finished installing 2 environments in 2 different machines.1 for development and another for production.

What I would like to do, is to, connect both machines/environments in order to have them communicating via outsystems. Both machines are in the same domain, and are working fine.

So for example, I would need to have the development environment to, develop applications and then send them to the production environment.

But I don´t know how to do so.

Could you please help?

Best regards.

Hello,

If you look under the installation instruction you will find that you need a 3rd environment. You will install Lifetime in that environment and it is responsible for what you are looking for.

Stacey Levine wrote:

Hello,

If you look under the installation instruction you will find that you need a 3rd environment. You will install Lifetime in that environment and it is responsible for what you are looking for.

Thank you for the reply, so we will need 3 machines for each environment (development, production, lifetime) is that it?

Sorry for the late reply, but I was absent from work.

Best regards.

Yes, the ideal solution is to have a different server for each environment. Three environments, three servers.

Nuno Reis wrote:

Yes, the ideal solution is to have a different server for each environment. Three environments, three servers.

Understood. Thank you for your reply.

But is there a way to have these settings, development+production+lifetime, with only 2 servers? If so, could someone please advise on how to do that?

Best regards.

Solution

Hi,

In version 11 that isn't possible because lifetime needs its own server. This means for your case you will need minimum 3 servers.

Regards,

Marcelo

Solution

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi,

In version 11 that isn't possible because lifetime needs its own server. This means for your case you will need minimum 3 servers.

Regards,

Marcelo

Many thanks for all the support.