Any chance to modify RangeSlider control to allow decimal values? Thanks

Solution

Hi Nuno,

You can open a clone of OutsystemsUIWeb and copy the rangeslider and do the needed changes. For sure you will need to change the input variables type and some rounds or fixes that are on js.

Regards,

Marcelo

Solution

Cool, thanks!

Hi Nuno,

If after you try you still need some help let me know.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo,

I encountered the same issue. I am using OS10 and tried different ways to to get 1 decimal instead of the standard 2 decimals. This 

1. I cloned the object, but unfortunately the minified JS is not really clear of where to change the decimals. 

2. I also downloaded the wNumb JS (https://refreshless.com/wnumb/)  file and uploaded it as resource, used the deploy action: Deploy to Target Directory and used it in the preparation with the AddJavascriptTag. I can see with the dev option in Chrome that the file is read by the browser. 

Unfortunately with using Json within the advanced format of the slider I am not able to add the format to the tooltip with 1 decimal. 

Could you please help me a bit further in this one? Do I need to use extra JS on the page itself, preparation or change the advanced formatting? I am clueless at the moment. 

Thanks in advance. 

Hi Martijn,

This solution was for the range slider of OutsystemsUIWeb. You should be using the one of WebPatterns. For that I don't have a solution.

But some day ago I saw this video. Maybe it can help you.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo,

Thanks for your reply. Luckily I solved the issue yesterday. How I managed to do it: I cloned the patterns in OS10 and in OS11. I looked at the JS thas is used for these patterns and compared it with each other. I noticed that there was a part in OS11 which is not used in OS10 and voila. It worked! 

Maybe not the most beautiful way to solve it in OS, but it did the job. 

Have a nice day! 

Martijn