Popup Editor OnNotify event never fires

Using the private test enviro in OutSystems 11. I have a web screen with a link that opens a popup editor (PUE). Following along with the documentation, I set the PUE to respond to the link on the pencil icon next to it (see screencap below.)

The popup opens and I can submit my changes and see that the record is getting updated if I manually refresh the web screen but the OnNotify event doesn't actually fire. Step 6 of the instructions for web apps says to leave the action empty. I tried that at 1st and thought perhaps that was the problem so I added steps to refresh the data and even pop up a feedback message. None of that works and setting a breakpoint never triggers in the debugger so as far as I can tell, when I click the icon linked to the Submit action in the screen "PUEd_ProgDeets", the OnNotify action in "ProgramOverview" doesn't get called. How do I get that to fire the event so users don't have to refresh the screen manually?

Hi Ted,

On the screen that is the popup you need to include the action Deprecated_Notify that you can reference from system.

That will notify the parent page.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Ted Sadler!

In your popup, you need na action that notify your parent screen with Popup_Editor_Notify.

On the parent screen, in the On Notify action you need to use the Deprecated_Notify_GetMessage to get the message sended by children (popup) that he sent on Popup_Editor_Notify.

I hope it will helps you!

Thanks and Best Regards,

Nuno Pereira

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Ted,

On the screen that is the popup you need to include the action Deprecated_Notify that you can reference from system.

Regards,

Marcelo

Right, that's the obsolete - "deprecated" - method. 

What replaces it? 

Ted Sadler wrote:

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Ted,

Regards,

Marcelo

What replaces it? 

The notification is done automatically, by Popup Editor Notify widget in 11 Version.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Nuno Pereira

Nuno Gonçalo Pereira wrote:

Ted Sadler wrote:

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Ted,

Regards,

Marcelo

What replaces it? 

The notification is done automatically, by Popup Editor Notify widget in 11 Version.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Nuno Pereira

No, that's the problem - OnNotify never gets fired. I put in a feedback message and I put in a breakpoint and tried debugging the page. The breakpoint never triggers and the feedback message never appears. 

Also, I added the 3 deprecated actions but all that shows up is the GetMessage one. I can even see it in the list but when I try to add it to the process, it won't show up and trying to drag and drop just shows the circle-slash:

My popup:

In Parent:

Check the message sent by children with Deprecated_NotifyGetMessage action:

I hope it will helps you!

Thanks and Best Regards,

Nuno Pereira

Hi Ted,

I attached a simple example of how a popup should work. About the deprecated actions don't mind about it right now since outsystems still didn't provide actions to replace them.

Regards,

Marcelo