Dynamically add Mobile Widgets to Screen

Is there a way to dynamically add widgets on the mobile platform?

For Example: 

If I have a data set like this:

Question NameAnswer
TypeNail
TypeScrew
TypeStaple
ColorRed
ColorBlue
ColorGreen

I would want to populate an Adaptive Gallery with Dropdowns titled Type and Color with the respective answers.

Is this possible? How would this be implemented?

Hi Jason Matti,

As per my understanding, you want have two drop downs one with type and another with values, based on those selection you want show gallery right ?

If that is the case Yes it is possible. 

Sravan

Sravan Vanteru wrote:

Hi Jason Matti,

As per my understanding, you want have two drop downs one with type and another with values, based on those selection you want show gallery right ?

If that is the case Yes it is possible. 

Sravan

No the goal would be to dynamically create a Dropdown with the label of "Type" and values Nail, Screw, Staple and another Dropdown with the label of "Color" and values Red, Green, Blue

The thought process here is instead of essentially "hardcoding" these dropdowns on the screen and having to create a separate screen for each different scenario, have a process that would take a data set and dynamically insert the dropdowns on the screen based on the information provided in the data set.

Another example would be how it's done in C# in windows forms, basically grabbing the data, putting it into a control, then adding that control to a FlowLayout programmatically.

Hi Jason Matti,

Thanks for detailed explanation, Yes you can create.

Need a help on how to ?

Sravan

Sravan Vanteru wrote:

Hi Jason Matti,

Thanks for detailed explanation, Yes you can create.

Need a help on how to ?

Sravan

Do you have more details? How would I go about doing this?

Solution

Hi Jason Matti,

Please follow below steps or find the attached oml file for reference

1. Create Database and Structure ( for mapping combo box ).

2. Create webscreen and do preparation of data like below.

3. In webscreen content you need to use List of records ( Inside of this we need to keep combo box and its name )  and map prepared data, like below.

4. Feed data into table , I have taken your data. Please find the below.

5. Now dynamically it will generate dropdowns like below.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Hope this helps.

Sravan

Solution