No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:

Hey everyone, so I realized that the issue is that if I try to save anything in RSI's service center I get an error message of "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:12003". This explains why I could never get the emails to send out on the Exit Checklist. Is this possibly a permissions issue that is preventing me from saving? 

Hi Miguel,

A few questions:

1) What environment are you seeing this issue on? Is it your on premise partner environment?

2) What are you trying to save when you see this error? The SMTP settings?

Finally, in the following article, there are a few troubleshooting tips around this error (They are based on an on premise installation):

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Troubleshooting/Troubleshooting_the_OutSystems_Platform_Server#OutSystems_Deployment_Controller_Service_Errors

Thanks,

Justin

Hey Justin, 

1) I am using the (ruralsourcinginc-dev) environment. When I last contacted you Ryan Bishop made me a temporary admin so I could access the Service Center to configure the email settings.

2)I am trying to save the SMTP settings. Today I tested to see if I saved the Environment settings would I get the same error message and I did.

Thank you for the link by the way! Going to see if this resolves the issue. *fingers crossed*

-Miguel

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for the information.

Were you able to solve this issue? If not, can you send me a screenshot of the information you are trying to save into the SMTP environment settings?

Are you able to test the connection successfully, but then only see the error when trying to save?

Thanks,

Justin

Good Morning Justin!

I tried looking for the Deployment Controller Server (Hub Controller) to troubleshoot the issue but I am not sure where to find it.

-Miguel

PS: Yes the error only occurs when I try to save any settings in Service Center

emailConfigOutsystems.png

Good Morning Justin,

Great news, the emails are going out now! I honestly don't know what was causing the issue, but my best guess would be that the ports were in fact blocking the connection to OutSystems. Thank you for your help!

-Miguel Morell

Hi Miguel,

Glad to hear everything worked out! Feel free to post any other questions you have as you start working with the OutSystems platform in this forum.

Thanks,

Justin

This error is a network-related error occurred while establishing a connection to the Server. It means that the error is occurring because there is no server listening at the hostname and port you assigned. It literally means that the machine exists but that it has no services listening on the specified port . So, no connection can be established. Generally, it happens that something is preventing a connection to the port or hostname. Either there is a firewall blocking the connection or the process that is hosting the service is not listening on that specific port. This may be because it is not running at all or because it is listening on a different port. So, no connection can be established.

Try running netstat -anb from the command line to see if there's anything listening on the port you were entered. If you get nothing, try changing your port number and see if that works for you.  In Windows operating systems, you can use the netstat services via the command line (cmd.exe) . On Linux you may need to do netstat -anp instead.

The target machine actively refused it occasionally , it is likely because the server has a full 'backlog' . Regardless of whether you can increase the server backlog , you do need retry logic in your client code, sometimes it cope with this issue; as even with a long backlog the server might be receiving lots of other requests on that port at that time.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.