[Edit Plist File Plugin] General Plugin Usage Question

Forge Component
(2)
Published on 2018-01-05 by Miguel 'Kelter' Antunes
2 votes
Published on 2018-01-05 by Miguel 'Kelter' Antunes

I'm getting the following error:

"An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made."

From what I've read it suggests to disable ATS in the Info.plist file like so:

<key>NSAppTransportSecurity</key>
  <dict>
      <key>NSAllowsArbitraryLoads</key>
      <true/>
  </dict>

Is that possible with this plugin? If so, can you post an example?

Thanks

Hi Christopher Parks,

If you can provide little more details about context and screen shot that will help us to provide some suggestion.

Sravan

Sravan Vanteru wrote:

Hi Christopher Parks,

If you can provide little more details about context and screen shot that will help us to provide some suggestion.

Sravan

I'm trying to use the plugin to correct the error I'm getting:

"An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made."

In many articles it suggests to configure the NSAppTransportSecurity key in the Info.plist file. Here is an example article:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32755674/ios9-getting-error-an-ssl-error-has-occurred-and-a-secure-connection-to-the-ser

I'm assuming this plugin will help me. Can you confirm? If so do you have an example of how to use the plugin to edit these values?

Solution

Hi Christopher,

Sorry for the long wait for an answer.

Yes you can use this plugin to achieve that.

These are the steps (in resume) you need to do:

• Fork my github repo
  • Change the existing plugin.xml file.
  • Replace this part:

• With this

• Save changes, commit them to github.

• Install this OutSystems Plugin.

• After the installation, open the eSpace, go to Extensibility Configurations, and replace the github url with your github url.

• Reference the eSpace in your App, publish and Generate again the .ipa file.

That will do the work. Let us know if you need more help with this.

Cheers,
Miguel

Solution

we have referenced the plugin but we don't know how and where to use it in application to generate ipa. 

Changing the ATS is not possible by using this plugin, Cordova Whitelist will overlap any configuration from the plugin (config-file or edit-config), one of the alternatives which I didn't tested is to create a script as a hook and manually change the plist file or the other alternative can be simple and use the Accessible Domains

I've wrote a deep analysis in a different post: Apple - App Transport Security (ATS)