[Table Column Toggle] IE11 support

Forge Component
(0)
Published on 1 Jul by Justin Babel
0 votes
Published on 1 Jul by Justin Babel

We have expanded the testing of our proof of concept application in IE11.   I'm seeing some odd behavior with the column toggling, namely on page load all of the columns are defaulting to not selected (but they are all displayed)

If I click the button to select the columns I check the ones I want to display and it works fine, but if I navigate to another page and then return, none of the columns are not being displayed.   (but if I select them again they appear)    Everything works as expect in Chrome so I'm wondering if IE11 just isn't supported?


I think I have a work around that basically checks the input parameter and makes sure at least one column is set to true.  If not it simply ends instead of updating the session variable and the DB entry for the user.   The only downside is that this keeps the user from deselecting every column on a table.  (but in this use case we wouldn't want them to anyway)

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the details to pinpoint this issue for IE11. Is your work around working as expected? If so, in the meantime, I will work on fixing this behavior in the component for IE11 in the coming weeks.

Thanks,

Justin

Justin Babel wrote:

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the details to pinpoint this issue for IE11. Is your work around working as expected? If so, in the meantime, I will work on fixing this behavior in the component for IE11 in the coming weeks.

Thanks,

Justin

Yes it is working, however I did find that I have to add an Ajax refresh after the false check so that the check marks in the popup box will be populated with the current selections.  I have run into an instance where the session variable got set to all false which caused the table to not be displayed and then when I click the column button it just immediately closes because of my logic to end/refresh if everything is false.


This has only happened once and I can't determine how/where the session variable was updated.   But I'm still testing and trying to recreate.


Hi Josh,

My apologies for missing the rest of this thread. I've uploaded a new version that solves the bug related to IE11 that you pointed out.

Thanks for the feedback!

Justin