Read cells of the Excel file uploaded using file upload

Hi All,

I have an upload file widget in my screen where user can upload an Excel file with 1 mandatory field.

1. How to read the contents of the Excel file and store in an entity.

2. I am trying to use a for each loop on the column of the content to check for the mandatory field having data. Is that the approach correct one ?

Hi Suprio Roy,

Use Excel Package component, you will get below built functions to manage excel file.

Sravan

Solution

Suprio Roy wrote:

Hi All,

I have an upload file widget in my screen where user can upload an Excel file with 1 mandatory field.

2. I am trying to use a for each loop on the column of the content to check for the mandatory field having data. Is that the approach correct one ?

Hi Suprio,

No need for Excel Package. Just use Excel To Record List Widget and loop on the column of the content to check for the mandatory field having data and also insert record into DataBase.

Thanks,

AV

Solution

Amit Verma wrote:

Suprio Roy wrote:

Hi All,

Hi Suprio,

No need for Excel Package. Just use Excel To Record List Widget and loop on the column of the content to check for the mandatory field having data and also insert record into DataBase.

Thanks,

AV

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your help. But the way you mentioned, can I check the no rows columns in the file uploaded by the user cause I want the user to have all the 18 columns(with data or without data)in the excel sheet in the defined arrangement.