[Dialogflow Connector] Will it support my Usecase ?

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 13 Mar by Félix Barros
3 votes
Published on 13 Mar by Félix Barros

Hi Team,

We have developed a job search app using Outsystems. In this app we have the basic, old-school way of searching the jobs by providing inputs from the user. We want a voice interaction where in user will speak what job they want to search for and the app will retrieve the results. For ex. if users says "I want search for Consultant jobs in California", the app should convert this phrase in actual action.

Does this plugin support such kind of Usecases?

If yes, then please guide us in how to use it in our app.

Thanks,

Shreyas Bhondve

Shreyas Bhondve wrote:

Hi Team,

We have developed a job search app using Outsystems. In this app we have the basic, old-school way of searching the jobs by providing inputs from the user. We want a voice interaction where in user will speak what job they want to search for and the app will retrieve the results. For ex. if users says "I want search for Consultant jobs in California", the app should convert this phrase in actual action.

Thanks,

Shreyas Bhondve

Good morning Shreyas,

After reading your use case I identified two main requirements as follows:

• First you'll need a service "Speech to Text" to transcript the user voice input to text. For that you can use Azure Cognitive Services Connector also available on Forge. There you can find a server action called "SpeechRecognition" that will accomplish that. Check the "How to use this connector?" in the Forge description and if needed also download the Azure Cognitive Services Sample that demonstrates this connector in action. 

• After having the audio transcript, you can then use the Dialogflow Connector to retrieve the intent from your users requests. The connector provides a server action called "Query" that receives a text input and extracts the intent from it. Depending on the intent returned you do the necessary logic on your side to display the information to the user.

To extract information from your users requests, there's another good alternative to the Dialogflow Connector that's the LUIS Connector also available on Forge. The LUIS Connector integrates with Azure Language Understanding service and in a couple of days there'll be a newer version of it with some improvements.

If you have any other question feel free to ask.

Best regards,

The Dialogflow Team

Félix Barros wrote:

Shreyas Bhondve wrote:

Hi Team,

Thanks,

Shreyas Bhondve

Good morning Shreyas,

After reading your use case I identified two main requirements as follows:

• First you'll need a service "Speech to Text" to transcript the user voice input to text. For that you can use Azure Cognitive Services Connector also available on Forge. There you can find a server action called "SpeechRecognition" that will accomplish that. Check the "How to use this connector?" in the Forge description and if needed also download the Azure Cognitive Services Sample that demonstrates this connector in action. 

• After having the audio transcript, you can then use the Dialogflow Connector to retrieve the intent from your users requests. The connector provides a server action called "Query" that receives a text input and extracts the intent from it. Depending on the intent returned you do the necessary logic on your side to display the information to the user.

To extract information from your users requests, there's another good alternative to the Dialogflow Connector that's the LUIS Connector also available on Forge. The LUIS Connector integrates with Azure Language Understanding service and in a couple of days there'll be a newer version of it with some improvements.

If you have any other question feel free to ask.

Best regards,

The Dialogflow Team

Hi Felix,

Thanks for the information.

We will keep you posted if we need any sort of help.

Regards,

Shreyas Bhondve