Hi,

I want to search the name using the listfilter, but I got error, Any one suggest me

Hi Jeyasri,

ListFilter works on in-memory Lists, using standard OutSystems Expressions. "like" is therefore not available.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Jeyasri,

ListFilter works on in-memory Lists, using standard OutSystems Expressions. "like" is therefore not available.

Thanks for reply

If any other option for instead of like 

JEYASRI R wrote:

Hi,

I want to search the name using the listfilter, but I got error, Any one suggest me

It seams that you are filtering a screen list on the screen, why don't you just refresh the query?
If refresh Query doesn't for some reason work for you, try to use the dinamic link component. It Works great, and allows you to query over in-memory Lists.

Best Regards,

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Jeyasri,

Ignore Assif's answer, he didn't read your question correctly. Like I said, you can't use "like" with a ListFilter. What you want isn't possible.

Thank you,

Then how to filter the name search,If any other option pls let me

Hi Jeyasri,

Didn't think of it before, but you could use the built-in Index() Function in your Expression. Index() returns -1 if not found, and a positive number otherwise.

Hi,

You can try using Index(ClubName, Search) <> -1

-> https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/26506/listfilter-usage/

Cheers,

Miguel Marçal

Miguel Marçal wrote:

Hi,

You can try using Index(ClubName, Search) <> -1

-> https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/26506/listfilter-usage/

Cheers,

Miguel Marçal

Thanks for reply,
It not working

Hi Jeyasri,

What isn't working? Have you tried to find out why it's not working? (Note: it should work.)

Hai kilian,
I am used below the logic,That filter its not worked 

I would expect in your Condition something like Index(ClubList2.List.Current.Club.ClubName, TextVar) <> -1

exact syntax depends on name of entity or structure, i assumed 'Club'

Dorine Boudry wrote:

I would expect in your Condition something like Index(ClubList2.List.Current.Club.ClubName, TextVar) <> -1

exact syntax depends on name of entity or structure, i assumed 'Club'

Hi Dorine,

Its also not working

Can you show the content of ClubList2 ?  Are there even items there that match your filter ??  

(I don't see an aggregate in your flow that is populating it)

Dorine Boudry wrote:

Can you show the content of ClubList2 ?  Are there even items there that match your filter ??

Sorry Jeyasri, I mean the data in debug right before executing the ListFilter Action

JEYASRI R wrote:

Hi,

Hi JEYASRI,

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

Index(ToLower(GetEmployees2.List.Current.Employee.Name),ToLower(SearchKeyword)) <> -1

Please refer below link

https://vermaamit52.outsystemscloud.com/ExcelPackageDemo/WebScreen1.aspx?_ts=636905170080126511

Thanks,

AV

Hi again,

Maybe you aren't getting any values because of the different characters case. Try this: Index(ClubList2.List.Current.Club.ClubName, Search, ignoreCase:True) <> -1.

If that doesn't work maybe you are doing it wrong. If you could provide us with the oml maybe we can help you more.

Best regards,

Miguel Marçal